Monday 31 March 2014

March Favourites

There has been a lot of shopping this past month (just like every month) and some of the new items have made it to the favourite list.

First up is the Bobbi Brown Compact Foundation,

I use the shade Beige and it is simply gorgeous. I tend to use it when I want a fuller coverage but I take a little and blend it outward to still have a soft finish. I've tried applying this with a flat brush from the Other Stories but it works better with a Stippling Brush from Ecotools.

As an aside, I am also loving the Lancome Air de Teint Foundation,
I use the shade 01-Beige Albâtre and it provides a light and matte coverage, something I really love, especially as the weather is warming up. I use this with my fingers as that is the recommended application technique. Since I have been using the Bobbi Brown one a lot more I thought that should be the favourite.




Next up is the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Apricot.
Oh My God, this is love. It brightens my face and gives a soft dewy sheen where I use it on the top of my cheeks and give me dimension since the rest of my face is pretty matte. I love this so much.




I also love the Bobbi Brown Bronzer Brush,

 this was not even what I set out to get, but it works perfectly. The only trouble is my one sheds and after reading reviews and comments, this is not a usual occurrence and I decided to call up the customer service, who are kindly sending me a replacement!
Not only am I madly in love with Bobbi Brown products, I am also voting their customer service as a monthly favourite!



For blushes I could not choose between the Clinique Cheek Pop in Peach, and my Bobbi Brown Blush in Nectar.


I use both just as much and it is always either of these, with the occasional furrow into my older Benefit blushes. Double favourites?




As for the lipstick of the month, it will have to go to the Revlon Lip Butters.



I will do a full review on the shades I have, just to join everyone else on the blogosphere.


Lip gloss of the month is the YSL Glossy Stains.


These are just perfection (and a bit). They apply smoothly, dry nicely and leave a nice glossy stain. What else can one ask for?



My favourite mascara for this month has been a favourite since I first tried it and it is the YSL BabyDoll Mascara
Even when I run out, I buy a cheaper one and use the brush of this one with the drugstore mascara. I love it so so so much. If it was cheaper I would never even consider another mascara, but for now, I am onto my second one and have a back up. I will probably buy this when it is on sale and just stock up.



Lip balm of the month goes to the recently acquired Reve de Miel
 as I am in love with the scent and have managed to misplace my Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine (bimbo moment)




Eyeshadow of the month is a tough one but I think it goes to the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze!
I have been experiementing with different looks and different colours with my Urban Decay Naked 2 and Naked 3 as well as 3 different Clinique Chubby Stick colours but my base is usually the Bronze, so I thought it deserved the monthly favourite (AGAIN)



For bodycare, I am having a The Body Shop moment where I am using their shower gels, scrubs, body butters and just loving a different one for a different mood! It is really hard to narrow it down as I use a different one each day and I have quite the collection rotating. I have a post on Body butters coming up!



For Facial cleanser, I am loving the REN ClearCalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser.

I bought this after I finished The Body Shop Seaweed Gel Cleanser for combination skin, which was really drying my skin out. This REN one is gorgeous so far, it does not foam and feels almost chalky yet milky. The texture is different as you can feel the clay and it almost feels like a mask!





The  second to last favourite is one mentioned in the last favourite post and is my bobble!
I had a pink filter and then a lavender and have now gone back to bright pink but will probably be changing the filer soon to either the light blue (as pictured) or navy!




The final favourite is my recently acquired Breville Blend-Active Personal Blender.
It usually retails for £30 but I got it off amazon for £27.49 with free delivery and have been making fruit juices/vegetable juices as well as smoothies at least twice a day!




What are your favourites this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS