Sunday 12 March 2017

e.l.f. contouring blush and bronzing powder


e.l.f is such an affordable brand at the drugstore and I will admit that I was drawn into this palette because it looked like a promising duo.





The e.l.f. palette comes in a sleek looking black packaging that rivals the big brand such as Nars. The matte-rubbery surface does attract dust but is easily wiped off.





However when I got home and opened up the box, I noticed that the e.l.f. contouring blush and bronzing powder is warmer than I had first anticipated.





Upon swatching, I realised that the palette is also quite powdery, and that was with using fingers to swatch. When I went in with a brush, there was powder everywhere.





Both the blush and bronzing powder have shimmer particles but the blush had slight glitter particles as well. The bronzing powder, thankfully, did not look shimmery when applied on the skin.





Starting with just a base to be able to show you the products when it is applied.





On the cheeks, the blush is more suited as a highlighter. It does give a slight peachy shade so that a slight pink blush would be sufficient to tone it down. The bronzing powder is really powdery but it is actually decent to use as a contour as well. It would actually be better to blend out any contour I do use.





When swatched the e.l.f. contouring blush and bronzing powder is unimpressive. In fact, it is nothing I would have picked up. However, there were no samples in store so I did pick it up and I am glad I did because on the face this is a lovely duo which is rather flattering.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS