Tuesday 14 March 2017

All About Lips #147


The Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick is by no means new. In fact, they have been around for a while. I've been wanting to try one for ages but just never got round to it. When I saw that during Christmas they had them out in minis, I knew I wanted to get one!





The packaging makes it really cute as a gift or if you hang it as a tree ornament (provided no one will swipe it for themselves!) The real treat is that the mini is in a shade I would wear, a comfort bold for me.





The applicator of the Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Melted Berry is a sponge tip applicator not unlike the Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfectors. The only difference is that this is a pigment packed lipstick so the lack of precision could be an issue for some. I know a friend who only wears this with a lip brush but I am a lazy girl!





Here is the product on the back of my hand. You can see that the actual colour is slightly lighter than the packaging, which is to be expected as the packaging is a completely solid block colour. This has a bit of sheerness to it. You can build up the colour so that it is more intense.





The finish is not a matte one, it is not high shine as well but there is a definite sheen to it. I personally find the product quite comfortable to wear and it is not sticky. It does fade if you eat or drink.





Since it is a liquified lipstick, you can choose to wear a very sheer layer of this product or to build it up until the intensity and pigmentation that you prefer. I find the corners of my mouth harder to get to without making a mess (as shown) because of the lack of precision with the sponge tip applicator.


Overall, I still like the product but I think the new release, Too Faced Melted Matte Liquified Long Wear Matte Lipstick in Bend and Snap! is a better product, but that might be because I prefer matte lipsticks and the precision the doe-foot applicator provides is much appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS