Tuesday 24 March 2020

Space NK x Selfish Mother



This Space NK x Selfish Mother is an excellent collaboration.I first picked this up to try the different products and to gift some to a friend as I already have and love them. However, shortly after, it actually went on sale and I picked one up for my MIL's birthday in October.




I apologise for how late this is and I don't think it is in stock anymore, but this is really a post to talk about the different products in it and to show you that some collaborations are really good value for money. I must admit that I cut off the little tag that said Selfish Mother because I did not want my MIL to misunderstand.





The patchology flashpatch is quite cute and a quick treat for your eyes and lips. I found them a little fiddly but the hydrogel patches are more comfortable to wear than the paper sheet type.





You do get 2 of each and I have saved a pair for a real treat.





You also get these goodies and there is two skincare items, one haircare product and two lip products.





Starting with the most make-up-ey item there is in this set.





We have a bright red lipstick from ILIA.





This ILIA Colour Block High Impact Lipstick looks quite deep in the bullet but is quite a bright red.





Here it is, in action.





Both my MIL and I like this red although we wear it quite differently. I tend to wear it as it is, almost in a matte, patted down texture whereas she tends to wear it with the By Terry Lip Care I am about to talk about, which is somewhat of a lip balm/lip gloss.





Here is the By Terry Baume De Rose Lip Care.





While this looks clear when swatched on the back of my hand, it gives the lips a slight milky tint and the care of a lip balm.





The Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream is a lovely, basic moisturiser. The Queen of Hungary Mist needs no introduction and works well both as a skincare and as a makeup setting spray.





The Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo has been included in many things recently and that is how I discovered it. I must admit that I really enjoy this as it smells incredible - both decadent and fresh! It is easy to spray and ruffle out of hair and I am grateful for the little cans I have around.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS