Wednesday 16 January 2019

Glossier Haul


I placed quite a big order with Glossier just before they changed the ambassador's discount code from 20% to 10%. If you missed out on that, during Black Friday, they offered 20% to all customers (new or existing) so you may want to wait for that!




My order came in one big box with 2 iconic bags. Unfortunately one of the bags was already ripped at the zip lock area and the other one was subsequently ripped from overstuffing. I must admit I still use both bags to house items such as brushes.





Lesson of the day, do not overstuff your bags, they will burst or rip.





My Glossier order came with a sample of the Glossier You perfume and stickers. I like the aesthetics of the company but I suspect a lot of us do and that is the big selling point here.





Let's start with the body products I ordered. I ordered both the Body Hero products and the pump came separately.





I really enjoy the Glossier Body Hero Body Butter. It is easy to squeeze out, the packaging is on point (it had to be mentioned okay) and the scent is pleasant.





The Glossier Body Hero Body Wash, I had very high hopes for, and usually with high expectations come great disappointments. This was not that bad, but I just did not find myself loving the scent. I had hoped this would be my replacement for the pricey L'occitane Almond Shower Oil but I prefer that to this.





While we have a hit and a miss, it is unlikely that I will repurchase either because I prefer to use matching items and cannot see myself purchasing the Glossier Body Hero Body Butter if I do not purchase the Body Wash! The scent is exactly the same but somehow in the Body Butter it is pleasant but in the Body Wash it is overpowering.





I may have gone a little happy with the skincare and makeup purchase. Mainly makeup.





I had been eyeing the products for a long while, so maybe you can forgive my overenthusiasm.





Starting off with the skincare items. I have heard a lot about these two products, and I have also heard about how the brand is hyped and the skincare is not as good as others, but I simply had to try these two products - Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser and Glossier Invisible Shield.





Let's start with the Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser : It is surprisingly good. You can use this both on dry or damp skin so I tried both. It is more suitable as a morning cleanse in my opinion as I prefer something more heavy duty in the evenings to take off the day's grime. I also really enjoy this post workout or in the gym. The travel version is particularly commendable for this. I am likely to purchase this in the full size.

The Glossier Invisible Shield is very pleasant to use. There is no white cast on the skin at all and the inclusion of a soft citrus scent is very pleasant but may irritate those with sensitive skin. There is also very little product for what you pay for, which means most people, including myself, would be tempted to scrimp, which is bad when it comes to sunscreen. I am unlikely to repurchase because it is expensive!





Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint : I picked this up in Medium and it really provides the barest of coverage. Super sheer, is what I would call it. I like this in winter when everything is cold and dry and I have just the sheerest of coverage and a lot of glow. Post gym, it takes away the redness from my face (from sweating and then showering and having to do everything in super speed) and just makes me look healthy. I like.

Glossier Concealer : I also picked this up in Medium and I can understand why people love to use it all over the face. It is medium coverage and just looks good when used under the eyes and any areas of redness (around the nose area for me). I probably would not put this on spots, but I do really like this around the face. I find that sometimes I need more coverage under the eyes but this lends a really no makeup sort of look, exactly what Glossier is all about.





Glossier Cloud Paints: If you do not try anything else, try these.These are the standout products and I can see myself collecting the entire range. Almost like a moussey jelly texture, these blend out to nothing and does not catch on dry patches, and does not look oily on oilier skin. How have they managed this?! I usually wear Dusk as it is the easiest shade to pull off, but Beam gives me a much needed jolly brightness.





The lidstars have had much hate online. A lot of people find them oily and patchy. I was relatively surprised as I found mine to be really easy to swipe, dab and out the door you go.  The oiliness is minimal but helps make light work of any blending and mine were not patchy whatsoever. I wear cub (pink) a lot and only wear herb (green) when I am feeling more brave or going for a heavier makeup look as it is definitely more obvious on the eye lids!





Then we have the Glossier Generation G Lipstick, Glossier Lash Slick and Glossier Boy Brow. I like the Glossier Generation G Lipsticks and apparently they have revamped and reformulated them, so you are likely to be getting an even better deal now. The Glossier Lash Slick is exellent at separating eyelashes and giving you fluttery lashes. They claim to give a curl and hold the curl but those are all lies. Sorry Glossier. LIES.
The Glossier Boy Brow is another item which I will probably repurchase till they discontinue the product (unlikely I believe and hope as it has such a cult following). I used to love the Benefit Gimme Brow but they repackaged it and I hate the new packaging whereas Glossier Boy Brow is still understated, small and easy to travel with, so Glossier Boy Brow, I CHOOSE YOU.





I realise I have sped through my reviews but this really is meant to be a haul post and I had so many opinions and wanted to share them. I will get down to doing swatches and perhaps show you how these look on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS