Tuesday 15 January 2019

Duty Free World


It is rare for me to go to London Heathrow or Gatwick without spending some money at Duty Free because duty free shopping is just so good!




I actually paid something like 50pence for all 3 products because I had a bunch of vouchers to use up and of course I chose to spend it on makeup.





So many people have raved about the By Terry Ombre Blackstars that when I had a opportunity to try out a mini, I simply could not pass up on it. The gold packaging is a nice touch and you get a strip of colour to show you the shade of the cream eyeshadow stick.





The mini only comes in the shade Bronze Moon, which is an easy colour for most people to wear, so a good choice for a mini for all to try out actually.





Here is a swatch of the shade which is very beautiful and the texture of the product is soft and easy to blend into a haze of colour (very beautiful). You can easily build up for more colour payoff as well. I can understand the hype around this product and now am even more curious about the shade misty rock.





Next we have the very famous Benefit Benetint. I have owned this before, both in full size and in travel size.  I find this to be super liquidy but a handy makeup item to have, as it gives cheeks the most beautiful flush and a lovely colour on lips as well. It is very long lasting on the cheeks but tend to fade out on lips.





I would recommend using a brush with this as it stains like nothing else but the shade is so pretty. It is my favourite tint amongst all the ones offered by Benefit to date.





My attempt at showing the shade (unblended) and how liquidy it is, backfired as it dried on me really quickly and stained my palm for the rest of the day.





Finally we have the YSL Tatouage Courute Matte Stain in 16 Nude Emblem.





The YSL Tatouage Couture Matte Stain created quite a stir when it first launched due to the interesting applicator.





Instead of your typical doe foot, you have a relatively sharp (not enough to injure) edge to get precise lines and the centre of the applicator has a little moveable dip which holds more product and is effective at delivering product.





This is one of the more muted shades I was able to choose but despite the name Nude Emblem, it still looks pretty bold to me, more of a coral shade.




I have been very lucky in that all 3 products have been great products to discover and I really enjoyed this haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS