Friday 14 December 2018

Make Up For Ever Prep Cover Set



Following from the Sephora haul, let's go a little more in depth about this Make Up For Ever Prep Cover Set!





So the idea is that when you pick up your foundation of choice (mine was the new Make Up For Ever Matte Velvet Skin for RM188), you can top up to get a smoothing primer and a mist & fix!





The Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Primers have been well hyped back when they launched, and I think many people including Tati, like the smoothing primer, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to try it. The Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix also has many good reviews, and although I like the Urban Decay De-slick Spray, I am always open to trying out new setting sprays.





Frankly the star of the show is the Make Up For Ever Velvet Matte Skin.





You get a dual sided sponge. The black side feels like a sponge and the white side has an almost fuzzy texture.





The shade I have been matched to is Y245 and it is a great shade on my face. I must admit I have been loving this powder over almost all my foundations/bases, be it light, medium or full coverage as it just adds a veil of perfection without looking cakey or done! In fact, this powder seems to make me look more natural.





So the sequence to using these products would be skincare, ending with sunscreen, followed by this Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Smoothing Primer.





My first ever contact with it came out a little funny and I had to shake the product a bit and try to mix it.





The flesh colour primer blended into the skin easily and felt smoothing (siliconey).





You can then follow up with the Make Up For Ever Matte Velvet Skin Powder Foundation. If you choose to wear a liquid foundation, do that and then follow up with the powder foundation. I sometimes even do my highlight, blush and bronze before this powder and the powder diffuses all!





Finally, follow with the Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix to take away any powderiness (there is none with this powder) and to set the make up for a longer lasting finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS