Thursday 13 December 2018

Melvita


Melvita is a brand that you see me featuring now and again on the blog, and that is because I genuinely enjoy the products. I am not too sure on how I feel about their marketing, which is all about "stop the nasties" as I believe in the power of science, but they are a brand who have managed to make "natural" product feel great.





So this particular haul, is quite an interesting one, and as usual I will run you through the products I have picked up and my first impressions of them.





The lady assisting at the shop, kindly gave me the samples for the relatively new Melvita Expert Colour and Care Conditioner with Indigo Oil.





I actually bought the rest of the range, apart from the conditioner, so this would be a good way to try it out.





There are only 3 items in the range, the Melvita Indigo Oil, Melvita Colour and Care Shampoo with Indigo oil.





Clearly the whole range is featured around Indigo Oil. I decided to try out the shampoo since it is formulated without sulphates. Most colour care shampoos are, and this is no exception. Unfortunately, my scalp is not a fan of this shampoo. It itches after a day, indicating a reaction. I really enjoy the Melvita Frequent Wash Shampoo with Grapefruit and Honey, so will recommend that one instead!





The Melvita Indigo Oil I find decent to use. I apply it to my roots a few minutes before shampooing it off and my scalp is alright with that. I use it in conjunction with other shampoos and it works that way too.





I was really excited to give this range a shot but I don't think it is anything outstanding. Have you tried this range and fare better?





I also spotted this Melvita Ice-Fresh Roll-On with Cornflower Floral Water. I already own the Melvita Cornflower Floral Water, which is brilliant at cooling and calming itchy eyes, so I wanted to try this out.





As the name would suggest, this is dispensed by a roller and it feels very cooling. While its primary function is to hydrate, I find that this works if you are travelling or do not have the original cornflower floral water and your eyes are itching something bad.





So this particular product gets a huge recommendation from me. You will definitely enjoy this if you get irritable or itchy eyes!





Finally I picked up a bar of soap because I wanted to get a freebie.





Melvita offers a range of soaps and I have the honey one and this time I picked up the Argan Oil soap.





Not only does the soap smell delicious, the pattern is really pretty. This will make a good gift for someone, or I may just cheekily keep it for myself!





I also received this Melvita Argan Extraordinary Water, which I use as an essence, after a mist and before I apply my serum. It adds extra hydration which is lovely.


I have some hits and some misses this haul, but I still really enjoy Melvita products as a whole!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS