Saturday 19 August 2017

Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics Eyeshadow Palette




This beautiful Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics had been on my wishlist since it launched in the UK but I could not justify getting yet another eyeshadow palette, but I was asked what I wanted for my birthday from Sephora and I had no doubts - this.







There are 12 shades in total and I have to say that I like the square palette more than the rectangular palette because you can use the mirror better to check your whole face! The eyeshadow palette also includes a dual-ended/dual-sided eyeshadow brush which I wanted to love but don't really. Both sides are really useful and actually perfect eyebrushes to get everything done, however both sides, especially the smaller side, are scratchy on my eyelids!





The actual packaging is every sort of stunning. I mean the copper rose gold palette with a starburst effect is genius!





Here are the twelve shades of the eyeshadows and I have to say I have been using most of them! I love that the actual names are on the palette, a small thing, but it helps when you want to refer to the shade either on youtube, blog, or even just telling a friend! As compared to having to say the second row, fifth shade on the right. That is just a lot of faff!





My most used shade is probably Extra Bitter, a shade that I had expected not to love or even like! This burnt orange shade is so flattering on the eyes. If I wear shades that are too pale they make my eyes look really flat so I suit darker shades, which can then make me look too dressy. This burnt orange shade is a happy medium plus it is just really flattering on the eyes!





My least used shades are actually the cooler shades, so I will readily admit that I have not actually used Magnet at all, and I have only used Instinct and Tempted once each. However, I like that I have warm, neutral and cool tones in one palette. The choices!





Here are the swatches for Blow, Nudie and Commando.





Here are the swatches for Tempted, Instinct and Lethal.





From Right to Left, we have brush swatches followed by finger swatches of Lethal, Instinct, Tempted, Commando, Nudie and Blow.

The finger swatches are a lot more pigmented than the brush swatches (as expected) but there is not much powder kickback and the colours are really smooth.





Here are the swatches for Pre-Game, Extra Bitter and Faith.





Here are the swatches for Lockout, Magnet and Blackjack.





The swatches run from Right to Left, brush swatches followed by finger swatches : Blackjack, Magnet, Lockout, Faith, Extra Bitter and Pre Game.





I absolutely love that this palette includes a black eyeshadow as it is the one shadow that can give depth instantly, smoke out a look and double as eyeliner. I love this palette and now that we are more than halfway through the year, I can easily say that this is my all time favourite eyeshadow palette this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS