Saturday 28 January 2017

Sephora Haul (The States)


Coming to the States only meant that Sephora was a definite visit.




In fact, this was something I had ordered to my godparents' house the year before because Sephora gives amazing birthday presents and I simply did not want to miss out.





One of the things I bought is the Clean Rollerball Layering Trio. I have seen a variation of this in store where the Clean Cashmere is substituted by another scent.





This Clean Rollerball Layering Trio includes Clean Warm Cotton, Clean Skin, Clean Cashmere. I really like all 3. They are all variations of clean smelling scents. I did give the Clean Cashmere to my godmother as she likes that one and she does not typically like fragrances but she likes this one.





The Chloe Eau De Parfum smells really lovely and I tried not to succumb to it because I felt that everyone liked it when it launched. I have to say that I like it and now that the crazy has died down a little I am more likely to perhaps purchase it to wear.





The Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella and Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien set was actually the birthday gift from Sephora for all Sephora Beauty Insiders. Both colours are beautiful and I've done a post on them so that you can read all about it HERE.





I really like the Clinique Chubby Lash Fattening Mascara in Bodacious Black Honey when I swatched it in Boots so when I placed an order I made sure I included it. The colour is subtle which is nice as I was not looking for an electric blue shade or anything really obvious. It is a nice colour on lower lashes but since this is a volumising mascara the brush is really big, fat and ok it is gigantic. The brush makes it really tough to use on the lower lashes. The mascara does not hold a curl up as well so it is a bit disappointing. I am going to use it on the tips and edges of my lashes after using a waterproof mascara to hold up my curled lashes.






This was bought at a time that many people were raving about the Shaveworks Cool Fix so when I saw that there is a Shaveworks Get Smooth Set, I decided it was a good way to try things out. The Shaveworks Post Souffle is a shaving cream and the Shaveworks Cool Fix is a post shaving cooling gel. It does help prevent shave burns and claims to prevent ingrown hair.





The Josie Maran Coconute Cheek Gelee in Pink Escape is a beautiful colour on the cheeks and even more gorgeous on the lips. I can no longer see it in the Sephora site or in store but it is still available on the Josie Maran website. The only niggle is that it comes in a pot form which means you have to dig your finger into it or the back of the brush so that you can actually get some product out. Product also ends up being wasted whilst it is being blended on the back of my hand to use it on my cheeks. I actually really like the colour and the product despite the major setback. I have been using it a whole lot and there are many pictures on instagram showcasing the product.





I also had a few other samples, the Murad Renewing Eye Cream is amazing. I really like it and am actually tempted to get a full size product of that.

The Fresh Sugar Lip Serum Advanced Therapy is also a little pack. I have a full size of this product and is immediately plumps when you apply it to the lips. It does not leave a shiny finish and is very slightly tacky when first applied. It acts as a really good base before you apply lip products. 





The Dr Dennis Gross One Step Acne Eliminating Pads is meant to flatten & clear blemishes. There are 3 sachets in the box and each sachet houses a pad which is decent in size and can be used on the whole face and the neck, chest and back. It is not too wet but it is certainly not dry. I am impressed by the product and finds that it helps to clear blemishes.

I am quite impressed with the things I have picked up from Sephora this time and so I went back, so of course there is another Sephora haul coming up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS