Tuesday 27 December 2016

All About Lips #136


The 2015 Sephora Beauty Insider birthday gift was a lovely set of Nars Satin Lip Pencil and Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil. The duo was in the shade Rikugien (nudey pink) and cruella (true red with a blue base) respectively.






I love that Sephora puts in so much effort with even the packaging because it is a nice touch.





The two shades given are really wearable, one nude and one red. They are shades that anyone and everyone can wear. I also like that they are deluxe size lip pencils because I have another deluxe size Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien and I am no where near finishing that!





We start off with a picture of me without any lip products so that you can get an idea of the opacity and colour of the product.





Here is the Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien.





Here is a close up of Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien and you can see that it is a rather satin finish, not a matte finish but not a glossy finish either. I like nude colours that have this finish because it is softer and rather beautiful.





I think that Rikugien will suit most people. The shade is not too pale and is certainly pigmented enough to show up on even pigmented lips.





If you want to make a statement, Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella is the way forward.



The colour seriously takes me back to Mac Retro Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo. It is less matte which makes it easier to put on and wear so a definite plus in my books.






I put this through the test and it survived a pizza buffet. Need I say more really? The blue toned red is quite neutral but the blue undertones brightens teeth and is my preferred reds. I wore this on Christmas Day because it felt the most appropriate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS