Sunday 25 December 2016

Sephora Birthday Treat


Merry Christmas one and all! I hope you are having a delightful day with your family. I have scheduled a post and just to ensure that it is not a critical post, I decided to write about a recent haul from Sephora. So I went to Sephora just before my birthday, as if that was not going to end up in purchases. I just keep going back but I thought I might as well run you through what I bought.





This Sephora Shadow & Liner in Brown is a repurchase and I really like the product. After the Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks (which still reign supreme in my mind), the Sephora offering is my favourite and it is only a fraction of the price compared to the Laura Mercier ones.





Here is a picture of the my old pencil and the brand new one. Mine is down to a stub and I still travel with it because the size is more portable now.





Just to assure you that the two pencils are the same because my old pencil looks a little different from all the usage. This is a very easy to use colour because it is not a flat matte but it is not a glittery shade either. The satin shade makes it easy to blend out as an eyeshadow or to just wear it as an eyeliner.





I also picked up the It Cosmetics CC Cream in Light. This is a deluxe size which is ideal because I wanted to try it out and decide if I like it before buying a full size. I have a review coming up on this.





This was actually the Clinique Pop Matte Lipstick in Graffiti Pop for my friend as she tried this shade on at one of the counters and it looked so beautiful on her. So when I was placing an order (I almost always have a 10% so grabbing it for her means that there is a saving for her) I just helped her to pick it up too.





I also needed a top coat so I picked up Sephora's own. The one from Seche Vite is really good but it is expensive and it dries out when you are about halfway through the bottle. So I have been looking for an alternative since discovering that but nothing has quite lived up to it. Let's hope this one is good.





The real treat for myself is this Cover FX Illuminating Click Stick Set. I had been testing some of the Cover FX highlighters and then this Christmas set caught my eye and it did work out cheaper than purchasing the Enhance Sticks separately and you get the Cover FX Click Stick thrown in as well.





The two enhance clicks fit just right into the click stick if you remove the cover for them. So you have a choice of either travelling with the Cover FX Enhance Clicks individually or you can choose to insert two of them into the Cover FX Click Stick.





Here is a picture of how the Cover FX Enhance Click will fit into the Cover FX Click Stick and if you put two in, they fit perfectly fine and no parts jutting out. In fact it looks quite sleek but it does feel very light.





This is the Cover FX Enhance Click in Bubble and it is a lovely champagne shade that is gorgeous as a highlighter.





This is the Cover FX Enhance Click in Golden Peach. It is a peachy shade which leans quite warm and almost pinky. It is so beautiful as an eyeshadow and that is how I wear it because it is too warm and dark for me to wear as a highlighter. I probably could try to wear it as a blusher.






Here is a swatch of the highlighters. I have swatched from left to right:
One swatch of Bubbly
A built up of Bubbly
One swatch of Golden Peach
A built up of Golden Peach


These are so beautiful and they are easy to swipe on and blend out. You can also rub a little on your finger and pat it on but I like quite an intense look so I tend to swipe it on and blend out. If you buy one thing this season, make it this.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS