Friday 30 December 2016

December Favourites




I have been away for a month so I packed rather specifically and picked up a few bits as I went along and these are the products I have loved this month - it's a long post!




First up is the Neutrogena rainbath reviving shower and bath gel in pear & green tea which smells really fresh and I love how invigorating it is!





The Clean Skin and Clean Warm Cotton both smell really clean. I enjoy both but tend to wear Clean Skin in the day time and Clean Warm Cotton in the evenings. However I must admit that I am so impressed with both of these scents and will try to get them in full sizes when I can decide on a favourite.





I have 5 skincare products this month and it's a mixture of Western and Asian, drugstore and high-end.





Starting with the more affordable Banila Co. Clean It Zero, I have written about it extensively here but it's a good one. The scent is a tricky one, it is not my favourite but it does not affect me so much that I refuse to use it. In fact, I have repurchased it because it blitzes through makeup, including the super waterproof heroine makeup mascara that I love.





The Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm is a long time favourite and I have been advocating it since I first tried it out. The scent is so beautiful it makes the whole experience almost blissful. It feels like a spa treatment every time I use it to cleanse my face and I often leave it on for a while so that it acts as a nourishing mask and even more of a treat.





The By Terry Baume De Rose is one of the most expensive lip balms I have ever bought and is possibly one of the most expensive ones out in the market. I sometimes use it as a balm when I am particularly dry or have a cracked skin from dryness. It is very luxurious but definitely not a necessity. I will not repurchase when I finish this but I sure will enjoy every last bit of it.





The Melvita Argan Oil is a multipurpose oil that I use on my hair and face because it costs a little too much for me to slather it all over my body. You certainly could, but I don't. This works really nicely on the lengths of hair and it is also a good oil to massage the scalp with before shampooing it all. As a pretreatment it works really nicely. I also use it after washing my hair to tame the frizz and nourish the ends of my hair. This also works well as a night oil to nourish my skin so that it does not produce extra oil. I have already bought another bottle to keep me going.





I have already spoken of my love for The Seeds Natural Soothing Mist and I brought it around with me when I was travelling. The soothing mist is really calming and I especially love it for the scent, not so much the misting of the face. It is very calming and soothing, good for travelling.





Moving on to the more exciting part of the favourites, the makeup!





I have finally tried out the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and I have to say that I actually really enjoy it. I have just bought an extra 2 so that I will have this for a while. It blends well and the flat edge is actually really good for getting sharp edges!





Moving on to eye makeup. I have been finding this Silkygirl Perfect Matte Liquid Eyeliner Waterproof an excellent eyeliner. I reach for it over my Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner which is a firm favourite, so that says a lot. If you are looking for something jet black, with a very skinny nib, something that does not smudge, this is it.





The Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24 Hour Crayon Concentrate in 725 Bronze Truffle reminds me of the Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24 Hour in Back to the Bronze/On and On Bronze. The colour is easy to wear. Although it looks quite brown, it is actually more taupe. I will be doing a standalone post to show you the colour properly. However, the staying power is good. I like the colour, it is easy to use. What more can you want?





Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer is my new favourite go-to concealer. I don't agree that it is a treatment concealer and have not seen any improvements to my undereye area. Maybelline I think you are exaggerating a little there! However as a concealer, it does the trick and is more liquidy so it is easy to blend out. This has a lot of rave reviews for good reason!





The By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder is a mighty fine powder. I mean it in every way, shape and form. The powder is so finely milled that when used it sets the makeup and looks really beautiful and matte without looking cakey. This little sample pot has lasted me so long and a tiny bit goes a long way. I think that this may be one of the best powders out there but I do want to try out the Laura Mercier Translucent Powder. Plus, I don't think I can afford this By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder full sized.






I could not possibly do a monthly favourites post without including the Josie Maran Coconut Watercolour Cheek Gelee in Pink Escape. I have been using this so much that I have to change it up just to keep my instagram less boring! I like this as a blusher but I love it as a lip colour. This jar that I have is a sample pot to try out the product. The only thing is that it can be quite messy when I try to get it out of the pot and I have to scrap it out with the back of my nail and then blend it out a little on the back of my hand before going in on the cheeks.




These are my favourite bits this month and I hope that you find these mini reviews somewhat helpful. If you like any of these items, please share with me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS