Friday 10 June 2016

Did someone say Sephora?



I don't even know what brought it on but I came out of Sephora with 4 items and it felt like a real splurge.





First up is this Sephora Express Nail Polish Remover which was mentioned by Tati (glamlifeguru) and the tagline is :  It's magic! This was a few RM more than the Ciate chocolate pots which are divine but this is a lot larger and has more remover housed in the sponge.





So here is the product, there is a tiny hole in the black sponge and you just stick your finger in and twist it and then the nail polish should be off. If it is not, just repeat. I like this a lot and it performs well, I will repurchase this (unless I am travelling, then I probably will pick up the Ciate Chocolate Pot)





This was completely an impulsive purchase. I saw it on display, tried the tester and grabbed one. Damn.

First of all, even the box is beautiful. The Becca Backlight Priming Filter primer comes in a glass bottle and it just looks so stunning.





The cap has the standard Becca cap and I am just loving how beautiful the primer looks.





Here is a pump of the product, I think one pump is more than enough for the entire face and since I usually like it on my cheeks, I only use half a pump.





I have tried to showcase the beautiful highlight on my arm but it has not photographed well. So let's try again.





I think you can see it on my wrist here only because of the lines reflecting. You can see that the highlight is subtle and not glittery. If you put a foundation over it, it really is subtle and just perfecting.





Here is another look at it on my finger because I used this to blend it out but this is quite a heavy swatch. There is a scent to the primer, a very clean sort of scent which I do not know how I feel about it yet.





I also picked up the Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Step 1 Matiffying Primer.





I like that this is a squeezy type tube and the applicator is quite fine so you don't end up using too much because I have seen everywhere that go easy with it and if you use too much it will ball up.





I reserve this for my T-zone and it has definitely helped with make up longevity. I don't use it with mattifying foundations like the Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint because I feel like it is too matte for my liking.





Finally, an eyeshadow palette which I have been eyeing and finally bought!





I don't normally love tin packaging but I like this one. It looks pretty on the dressing table and not too glaring.





There is a little card which is quite comprehensive and I will show you the details down below.




 Taking that out, there is a mirror for easy application and the eyeshadow colours are all so wearable and I've tried all of them on my eyes.





Here are some finger swatches of the eyeshadows without using a primer or eyeshadow brush. I also just swiped and swatched on my arm so the intensity is good.






The third darkest shade was slightly patchy but it might have been because my finger was slightly damp and it came out weird.






The eyeshadow palette is a thing of real beauty.





I can already see myself using this all the time when I need to be pretty natural.






So I did promise more information on the card. There are 3 eye looks and each eye look comes with a how - to. I can't say I have been following these because I am such a rebel.






I can't say I have been following these because I am such a rebel but I find these to be really helpful for a guide if you fancy following something.






I am tempted to try this final look and I will be sure to share the look with you.





Possibly my favourite purchase even though it is not my most used among the 4, Too Faced eyeshadow palettes are so good.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS