Thursday 27 August 2015

Beauty Box Swap

I had a swap with someone I follow on instagram, and not only did things go smoothly, she is a real sweetheart. Her instagram is here at @makeupminutewithnicole : and it is a bit of an odd one, but I think I have a friend =D

We agreed a swap of $40 and the box she picked up these goodies for me.




I might add that it came in a lovely big Too Faced box and everything was wrapped up in bubble wrap so properly that it felt like an extra treat.
wet wild Fergie Centerstage Collection Photo Focus Studio Eyeshadow Palette in A226 Milano Collections 
Andrea also included post-it notes to explain the things she bought for me, something which I did not do in my box for her, but I guess we all learn as we go! I really enjoyed receiving the box, here let's do reviews now!


First up are these Bath & Body Works PocketBac Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel
Bath & Body Works PocketBac Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel & Keychain
I actually got 5 scents of this and they are (Left - Right) : Beautiful Day, Paris Amour, Cupcake Sweetie, Georgia Peach, Watermelon Lemonade.
These are 29ml each and the sparkly keychain (although sparkles scare me a little) is so handy that I have used it already to have my handgel handing about - literally! My favourite scent is Watermelon Lemonade and the least in this selection has to be Cupcake Sweetie, it is a little too sweet for my liking - but my mum immediately grabbed it off me, so it's a win all round.



 Essentialtools Step 2 Eyes Shade & Blend
 Essentialtools Step 2 Eyes Shade & Blend
This was recommended as the duo fibre bristles are good for blending and shading, as the name of the brush would suggest! I have not been wearing much eyeshadow so I have not tried this out but I will report back.
 Essentialtools Step 2 Eyes Shade & Blend



Next are two lip products - Wet n wild vicious varnish high shine lip stain in A307 Ball in Vienna & jordana twist & shine moisturizing balm stain in 05 honey love
Wet n wild vicious varnish high shine lip stain A307 Ball in Vienna jordana twist & shine moisturizing balm stain in 05 honey love

 jordana twist & shine moisturizing balm stain in 05 honey love
This is actually a very natural colour and is reminiscent of the Clinique version, as well as the Revlon and Bourjois one. I think I will be doing a comparison post soon.




Wet n wild vicious varnish high shine lip stain A307 Ball in Vienna
 This is a beautiful pink-purple colour and I really like the glossy finish. It is very sticky and if you apply too much, I applied a double layer and all of a sudden, I had that gummy lips thing going on. TERRIFYING. However, when I wiped it off, I realised it left a really pretty stain.



I grouped the three face products up together, and they are wet n wild coloricon blush & glow trio in 34517 sunset junction, wet n wild coloricon blusher in 831E Pearlescent Pink and elf Translucent Mattifying Powder
wet n wild coloricon blush & glow trio in 34517 sunset junctionwet n wild coloricon blusher in 831E Pearlescent Pink elf Translucent Mattifying Powder
You may notice that the make up bag in the main picture (blue) is now white, because it is two colours on both sides and a beautiful peach inside. It is an ipsy bag and I think it is lovely!
The wet n wild blush is a really pretty colour. I am a little scared of the trio face powder because of the sheer size of it! I also think I am saving the elf powder because I am trying to finish up my other translucent powders first.



The last thing in the box is this wet n wild Fergie Centerstage Collection Photo Focus Studio Eyeshadow Palette in A226 Milano Collections which looks quite like Urban Decay Naked 1!
wet wild Fergie Centerstage Collection Photo Focus Studio Eyeshadow Palette in A226 Milano Collections 
I have recently not so recently sold my Urban Decay 2 and 3 because I was moving and the make up I have it frankly insane, so I am happy to have this one!


All in all, this box has been even more exciting than any beauty box I have bought and I have been really grateful for this chance.

We do plan to do another beauty box swap and if any of you are interested, leave me a comment and we can talk about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS