Saturday 23 May 2015

Superdrug visit


I saw a sign that said the Real Techniques Limited Edition set were selling for £13.99 instead of £20.99, a saving of £7 and I was so excited.
I have had my eye on this since before the launch (thanks to instagram and various social media channels) but could not quite justify more brushes... but at less than £5 each, this was an opportunity not to be missed!

First up, is this fluffy contour brush. I hope that you can see from the picture that the bristles are densely packed so I tend to just tap it in the bronzer and then pat it on where I want it.


This is the fan brush and unlike the contour brush, this has far less bristles! It is ideal for sweeping any eyeshadow fall out on my cheeks, and I really like to use it to add a subtle highlight on top of my blush.


This is the only brush that actually can be purchased out of the pack. A setting brush which I am still trying out how to use it. So far I have tried it to set concealer and to add powder where I want it. It is a handy brush to have but because I am unsure of how best to use it, it is not my favourite of the trio.


Of course, I could not resist and picked up these two lipsticks.
Revlon Ultra HD Lipsticks were on 5 for £10 so I picked up Rose and Petunia
Here is Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in Rose
Here is Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in Petunia

This is the first attempt to swatch and I must admit the colours swatch a lot more pigmented and darker now. Revlon classifies Rose as a pink shade and Petunia as a plum.

I have read complaints about the packaging and how lipstick would smear because it is not completely retractable. I have found this to be untrue so far but if there are any changes, I will be updating accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS