Tuesday 2 December 2014

All About Lips #28 - Red Edition

As we approach Christmas, I thought it might be interesting and rather fun to do a focus not just on lips as per usual, but on RED LIPS.


This is going up a day before my birthday (yes it is on the third!) and I shall be rocking bold lips this year.




Let's get started!





First up is the Sephora Cream Lip Stain in 01
I first bought a more pinky red (the 02) and was so besotted with it (wore it throughout my Paris Holiday in 2013) and then it had a lot of fame because of Amelia. I then bought this colour, which is a more true red. It smells like creamy vanilla, an added bonus!


Rimmel Apocalips in 400 Big Bang
This is very similar to the Sephora Cream Lip Stain above, but is a glossy finish.
These are super opaque and easy to apply. I do not reach for this as often because I prefer matte finishes to glossy because I already have rather large lips. This does smell a little funny, like berries, but quite synthetic, it does not bother me.


Rimmel Apocalips in 402 Across the Universe
Out of the two Rimmel Apocalips Red (I have a pink), I think I prefer this, but Big Bang has more impact when worn, whereas this seems a little easier to wear as it is not as out there.


Revlon Colourstay Moisture Stain  in 040 Shanghai Sizzle
This is my most orange-y red and it smoothes on like water. It feels light and is easy to wear but I tend to layer it for a proper statement pout! 
The Colourstay Moisture Stains all have a very synthetic funny smell, but I do not mind it.


Hourglass Opaque Rouge in ICON
This is clearly on its last legs and drying out on me. I may try to get one more use before it goes into the empties pile. I got this in 2013's Liberty Beauty Bag and it is just the perfect size for my handbag and is a gorgeous matte red.


KIKO in 511
I cannot remember if this is the moisturising lipstick or what type, but this is really creamy and smooth. It is easy to apply and a beautiful colour. I think this is quite a true red on me. Being KIKO, it is more drugstore than high-end price wise. I do not tend to bring this out as I do not like the packaging and think it is too bulky.


Lancome Rouge in Love in 183N Be My Date

There was a time when I loved this and would only wear this red. It is more orange than blue and is very pretty. It glides on nicely, smells faintly of flowers and I love the packaging! This is brighter than the KIKO red.


Chanel Rouge Coco in 19 Gabrielle
 This is the newest red edition and it is beautiful. It glides on like a dream because of the formulation and being Chanel, makes me feel like a hundred bucks when I wear it. I have somehow applied this in a really wonky way but hopefully this does not deter you from how beautiful this colour is. I consider this to be a true red.


Chanel Rouge Allure in 68 Emotive


This was my first Chanel lipstick and is very blue-toned and blue-based. I lean more towards the orange-based but do come back to this when I want something more blue-based.


MAC Retro Matte Ruby Woo


I do apologise for not swatching this but I forgot about it until the end when I jumped and was like WHERE IS RUBY WOO?!
This gets the most wear even though it is the most difficult to work with because of how dry the formula is.
However, once it is on it stays put so I love it.












It is difficult to pick a favourite red lipstick as they all hold different stories and memories for me.
Yes, I have severe issues.
What is your favourite red lisptick? Do share with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS