Sunday 30 November 2014

November Favourites

This month's favourites include some old favourites and some new finds so let's get into it.




This is actually a depotted Bobbi Brown Blush in Tawny
 The colour is pretty pigmented so I usually try to remember to only tap my brush into it and not swirl it around. The colour is very pretty and is a nice flush to the cheeks, completely natural looking if used with a light hand.



Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Medium/Deep Matte Bronzer
 I am obsessed with my tarte bronzer but am so afraid I will finish it and bought this Too Faced one to try after various reviews. First off, the scent is amazing. Just as the name suggests, it smells like cocoa. This colour is not too orange, or too ashy. I have realised that contouring does not suit me and I tend to sweep this across the perimeter of my face unless the foundation is really too light and I need to make it work. The powder is lovely and fine, not too pigmented but not completely undetectable. I have been using this daily since I bought it.



YSL Touche Eclat
 This is a bit of a rediscovery for me and when used appropriately, brings such a luminosity to the face. I have it swatched on the back of my hand and have blended it out on a second swatch below the top swatch and you can just detect a slight sheen when light hits it.



Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer 
 Like the Caudalie Organic Grape Water, I feel like this is always in my favourites and I am probably annoying some of you. I do apologise if I am but this stuff is amazing.



Benefit Gimme Brow
 Lazy days mean that I reach for this over the Shu Uemura Hard 9 Pencil. Sometimes I use this alongside the pencil but even by itself, it does a really excellent job. Benefit, thank you!



Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer
 From the name, I think it is meant to be an undereye concealer but I basically use it everywhere which I need any help. It is thicker in formula but actually blends easily and the slight salmon colour rectifies any dark spots or pigmentation. No complaints whatsoever and packaging gets a thumbs up from me!



Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow - 04
Sephora Jumbo Liner (12 hours, waterproof) - 07 Brown
Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for eyes - 09 Lavish Lilac
 I have quite a few stick eyeshadows and they are just so convenient. These are my favourites so far because they are easy to wear, the colours are amazing and just all round thumbs up. I like using the Clinique one all over my lids for a wash of colour (or tint) and then use either of the dark browns in the outer corner and blend it in for an instant smokey, slightly more pulled together look.



Clarins Eye Contour Gel
I only recently made a purchase but already I am using this every morning and I really like it. I leave it by the window for an extra blast of chill and the gel feels lovely on my eyes. I have not used it enough to see a significance difference, but this has made eye cream application such a lovely treat!



This month's favourites are basically things I have been using daily and loving. I love rediscovering old goodies. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS