Friday 28 November 2014

Empties #8

It sometimes is a little odd how quickly time passes.
This month, I have quite a few make up items, which is rather odd for me.

 MAKE UP

Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder - 55
 I picked this up to use as a bronzer and I actually really like using it as such.
It does not swatch dark, but as I am about a 51-52, this is a good shade as a bronze and I do use it to contour as well.
I have decided to part ways with it because it was getting really difficult to use with my Bobbi Brown Bronzer Brush.




Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer - Nude
This was gifted to me by Bob, and while I love the colour, the texture and the fluidity of the concealer, it also blends really nicely and covers up well,
I hate the sponge applicator.
This looks really gross and I just cannot bear to put it near my face. 
I have tried to wash it and this and that but it still looks gross.
Bin time.


Maybelline Hyper Sharp Liner
This was gifted to me by my aunty and I believe it is an Asia only product.
Basically it is a liquid eyeliner in the classic form. 
The nib of this is fine enough and the liquid is really black, but after multiple attempts and everytime screwing this up, I have decided that I am best at liquid liners in pen form, followed by brush and this type, is the ones I am REALLY bad at. I somehow aim for a small flick and end up with panda eyes.
After all the screwed up sessions, I thought that enough was enough and being an eye product, I binned it.



Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Icon
I received this in a GWP (Gift With Purchase) from the Liberty Bag of 2013 and it is finally done and dusted. It makes a brief appearance in December's All About Lips post but even there, you can see it really is on its final legs. I really like the Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick as they really deliver but nowadays there are many good drugstore alternatives and Sephora does great matte lip creams as well, so I would recommend these if a shade catches your eye, especially a nude as they are notoriously hard to match, but with a good red, I think there are many choices out there for a fraction of the price. I still really like this, and wish this was not all gone!





HAIRCARE

Garnier Ultimate Blends The Glow Replenisher 1 Minute Treatment
I like how thick and glorious this is but I am not a massive fan of this scent, and prefer the Avocado range, which I find hard to track down in store.
I will not repurchase this particular one, but it is a good conditioning treatment (and cheap!)


Caudalie Divine Oil
I finished the small bottle of this and promptly ran out to buy a replacement, the big 100ml because I need that amount, and frankly I use it on my hair, sometimes all over my body, and on exceptionally dry days, I use it on my face as well.I love this, it's one of my HG products, and I am already on my third bottle.





SKINCARE

 NUXE Creme Fraiche
This smells a little funny, but is a nice thick cream which disappears almost immediately upon application.
It is very comfortable and is targeted at sensitive skin.
I have cut it open to scrap the last bits of it and I do really enjoy using this.
I will not repurchase any time soon only because I have many creams and lotions to go through.
I recommend this product.



Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
 I have finally finished this huge bottle up.
I really recommend this if you want a cheap and effective micellar water. I prefer this over the Loreal and it is generally cheaper. Do try to get it when it is on discount!
I must admit I prefer the Bioderma and I have so many Micellar water which I bought to try so I have to use them up before I buy any more.



Vichy Thermal Spa Water
I got this in an Escentual haul but I prefer the La Roche-Posay for the spray and as it gets to the end, it really spits and sprays everywhere so I have decided to bin (recycle) it than to actually finish it all up.
I will not repurchase but highly recommend Caudalie Organic Grape Water instead.



Boots Essentials Cleansing Wipes
I have actually finish 2 packs of this, 1 blue (pictured) which is fragrance free for sensitive skin and 1 pink, which is moisturising for dry skin.
Frankly, they are not very different to me since the purpose of buying these is to get the cloth and put bioderma on it to sweep off make up. I find myself using so many cotton pads and feel that it is a waste and prefer the cloth material of wipes which I only ever need 1 and a maximum of 2 to get everything off my face and eyes.



Caudalie Vinosource Moisturising Sorbet
This is a sample size of 3ml and is a really nice texture. I like the "sorbet texture" and since this is targeted towards sensitive skin, it does not really have any scent apart from the typical caudalie (grape?) scent faintly and when smoothed over the skin, sinks in quickly and nicely. I think that this is a nice bog standard moisturiser.



Ren Bio Retinoid Anti-Ageing Cream
This cream smells funny, not in a bad way, but sort of like.. thick and almost a little like plastic? I am really bad at describing this. The cream itself is more creamy than liquidy but smooths in easily and is not stick at all. I enjoyed using it but am not head over heels so will not be purchasing the full size.



Bioderma Sensibio Micellar Solution
Another one bites the dust and this is still my favourite so far (especially after taking price into account as well. There is just something about Bioderma which makes it that slightly more effective than the other micellar solutions although there are man good offerings in the market nowadays! I tend to buy mine from Escentual when there is a 1/3 off French Pharmacy Brands sale.





BODYCARE

NAOBAY Body Radiance Lotion
This number came in my birchbox which I no longer subscribe to, and I was almost worried it would behave like a highlighter, but thankfully it does not.
It is a body lotion which smells like lemongrass. It absorbs quickly enough but I will not repurchase because I am not a fan of the smell.



Sanex Dermo Repair Shower Cream
I really enjoyed using this shower gel and got it for 99p so it was a bargain. I will repurchase when I am running low on shower gel.



The Body Shop Raspberry Body Scrub
I enjoyed this as it was a jelly texture, but the red colour look like I was bleeding and it was slightly terrifying so I did not enjoy that... The scent was incredible but I do not think I will be repurchasing this. I simply prefer the Soap&Glory body scrubs, especially because of the scent and that it comes in tubes rather than tubs, which makes it easier for me to keep them in the shower. There are exceptions, but this is just why I would probably not repurchase it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS