Sunday 9 November 2014

BeautyBay Shop

Oh dear.
I fell for the 20% discount, but had some issues with my shop.

Basically I placed my order on 17th October, which means that I am meant to get my items on Tuesday (because I spent so much it was Premier Next day) but I just received it on 30th October.

There was an issue with delivery but this is my second time with Beauty Bay, and the second time I have had an issue =/

Anyway, I did get the items in the end, even though my chosen free gift was replaced by another, I did get an extra free eyeshadow.




First up is the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
 I am quite excited about this and have included a picture of a swatch below. (anyone notice my cute phone cover?)
Middle finger is a light swatch and ring finger is 3 swipes on the pan.
 I hope this is not too dark, and the second picture is quite true to colour.



Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 10% Toning Complex
 This is my favourite acid toner, probably because it feels stronger than everything I have tried so far and it was my very first.
I know some people found the Pixi Glow Tonic too strong, I do not see anything much happening as compared to this one, so I have repurchased this.



Macadamia Deep Repair Masque & Macadamia Flawless Cleansing Conditioner
 I lumped these two products together because 1. I'm lazy 2. They are the same brand 3. They are repurchases!
I like both and will prefer not to be without either as I think they are brilliant products.
The mask smells incredible and the cleansing conditioner is easy to use without drying my hair out like shampoo sans conditioner.



Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser & Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner
 This was actually the free gift but the set I selected was actually the Mario Badescu Rose water spray and something else, but Beauty Bay is currently out of stock for that so I was sent this instead.
I would like to try the Toner but cannot say I am excited to try the cleanser, only because it is foaming.
I will be taking both on holiday or when I am travelling as they are a convenient size and I will not need to decant.



Lastly is a freebie I was sent - Jane Iredale Caramel
It does not actually say anywhere if this is an eyeshadow or sample size face powder and I tried to google it but could not find anything to match up even on their website.
I swatched it on my eyelids and it blended in completely, which means I will probably use it as a crease/smoke shade for my eyes when I am trying to blend out the harsh edges for a proper smokey eye.



This is, as I mentioned at the beginning of the post, the second time I have had an issue, out of the two times I shopped on BeautyBay. It took exactly two weeks for the products to arrive, so needless to say, it is all a little frustrating and disappointing.
I may give it one last shot when there is a discount next, but if something else goes wrong, I will simply have to source the Peter Thomas Roth and Macadamia stuff elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS