Thursday 14 August 2014

Heathrow shopping

Airport shopping is my ultimate weakness. Everything is suddenly justified because it is cheaper, and with the heathrow rewards card, the excuses and justifications just keep growing.

*you can collect points for most transactions, including boots, Starbucks and even currency exchange at travelex. It is 1 point per pound spent (except at travelex) and every 500 points equal to £5 rebate!

I dropped by World Duty Free and picked up a few things.



Initially I picked up the Dior Iconic Overcurl because of the rave reviews from Tati of GlamLifeGuru and a few that I have read here and there. I did not end up purchasing this because I picked up a travel pack of the Givenchy mascara.


Givenchy Phenomen'eyes mascara
The travel pack came with 2 mascaras for £33 which made it quite a Bargain. Top that with this mascara being one of Gossmakeupartist's recommendation and I just knew I had to get it.
The applicator takes some getting used to, but so far so good.
I will be writing a post dedicated to this when I have had enough usage.

Shiseido eyelash curlers

I also picked up an extra pair of eyelash curlers.
I think the shiseido ones have refillable pads available for purchase, unlike the shu uemura's.
Jen from frmheadtotoe uses shiseido eyelash curlers so I thought I would give this a shot


Chanel coco rouge in 19 - Gabrielle
I tried bob's lipstick and knew I really liked this. I was only allowed one lipstick and it was between this and the Chanel Rouge Noir, which I still plan to get at some point but for now, this is love.
It is my first Chanel lipstick which is not in the Chanel Allure range!

I then went off to Beauty Studio, which is another beauty shop.
They had Mac Cosmetics, Benefit cosmetics, Bare Minerals, Ren skincare, Elemis and many more!
I wanted to grab a few Mac eyeshadows but they only had it in the full packaging, and I wanted to put it in my palette.

They also did not have the Ren ClearCalmClay, which was the only thing I really wanted to get since I have ran out of my cleanser.





Instead I picked up the BareMinerals SPF 30 natural sunscreen Powder in medium.

I have had my eye on this since I heard Lisa Eldrige recommending the Peter Thomas Roth SPF Powder. I wanted something easier to locate and the BareMinerals seem more accessible.
This cost me £20.40 and is an excellent top up powder because it has SPF protection.
The brush is retractable and removable for cleansing. You can also buy the powder refill, always a bonus, and really a selling point for me.

I picked up some more points with heathrow rewards when I had a sandwich at Pret A Manger.
I an really excited about my purchases and will be doing a review on most of them with separate blog posts since they are high-end purchases!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS