Tuesday 8 July 2014

All About Lips #8

My favourite thing to do really is the lip series.
I have so many lip products it just feels like a never ending cycle


Revlon Colourstay Ultimate Suede in 025 Socialite
I picked this up a while back on a whim, when I was buying the Revlon Lip Butters or the balm stain and there was a 3 for 2 and I liked the colour of this.
It is not as nude as I had initially thought it would be, leaning more towards pink, but is still a gorgeous easy colour to wear.
The packaging is alright, much more pleasant than the lip butters, but nothing astonishing.
It has a clickey sound when you twist it up and down and I do like that.


Sephora Lipstick in No 7

I initially had this in another colour but gave it to my friend, I believe it was a No 6, because it was a little too cool-toned pink for me.
I like that it is a really slim lipstick but this was twisted all the way up and there is not very much product actually.


Here is a swatch of the two colours on my hand
The Revlon is quite sheer compared to the Sephora but on my lips, can you spot the difference?








I started with nude lips as reference, and then the Revlon and lastly the Sephora lipstick.
From the full face pictures there really is not much difference but from the upclose picture, you can see that the Revlon is slightly glossier and the Sephora is pinker and has a more matte finish.


Here is a side by side comparison of the two. The lighting is a bit mad because I am using natural light, but the Revlon one looks more forgiving as it is sheerer.




Neither lipsticks are buildable and the Sephora one smells like sweets.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS