Tuesday 25 March 2014

Duty Free Shopping AGAIN

Exactly 2 weeks after my first blog post on airport haul, I am back at the airport, Stansted this time, to do some damage.

So AIRPORT HAUL #2

I did not have a shopping list this time, and neither did I go early to pick things up, but I wanted to look at Bobbi Brown and ended up with a few items.






When I saw MAC I immediately went to pick up the MAC 168 Contour brush,
and then wandered to the Bobbi Brown section as I was intrigued by the shimmer bricks.
The lady at the counter helped me and since I had time to spare she did my foundation, blush, bronzer and the shimmer.

I ended up buying the foundation, which is this Long-Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation in the shade Beige.












Now, I have used this foundation 3 times so far, and my impression on it is that the colour itself is a perfect match, it makes my skin look flawless and is quite buildable. It looks quite thick and creamy and on a fuller coverage side, but I put it around the centre of my face and blend it out with a brush and it looks soft and natural. It is more of a dewy finish (which I was not expecting) and I do tend to powder it down around my T-zone which is oily because the one time that I did not, I did look like a grease ball. I personally prefer the matte finish because I think it is a very fine line between greasy and dewy/glowy. I do like this foundation, but would I repurchase it? Probably not. I would rather try others in the Bobbi Brown range and the others tend to be cheaper and hold more product.




I also bought the Bobbi Brown Bronzer Brush

instead of the MAC 168 and I am completely in love with it. I use it with my Bourjois Healthy Balance Face Powder in 55, as mentioned my earlier post to contour and to make my face slightly slimmer.
The brush applies just the right amount of product, and as promised by the lady, the brush does most of the work and I have not been happier with a bronzer brush. It is very dense and neither too big nor too small. I am a bronzer newbie but this has made it a breeze.





Lastly, I picked up the limited edition Shimmer Brick Compact in the shade Apricot.
I have used this several times since I picked up and so far it is beautiful. The warm hues look natural on my skin and gives a beautiful glow without being overly glittery. A little goes a long way.





A day before I went to the airport I went to Liberty's to pick up the Nars Concealer and I was matched to the shade Ginger, and I also picked up a Shu Uemura brush in 20. I will use these products and write a review on them once I have had a proper use.




Do you own nice brushes? Most of mine are from eco tools and I do love them, but a nice brush goes a long way and can really help if you're using a drugstore product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS