Wednesday 2 October 2019

Cult Beauty 20% Skincare Event


Beauty retailers often do discount on specific brands or genres so when Cult Beauty did a 20% off skincare, I picked up a few items which qualified. The newly launched Fresh did not have the 20% discount so I removed it from my basket!





Starting off with the samples I picked - Virtue Purifying Shampoo and davines Oi All In One Milk.
I absolutely love the Virtue Purifying Shampoo and it is only meant to be used once a week, I used it after a gym class and the scent is lovely and refreshing and my hair just felt super clean without being stripped.
The davines Oi All In One Milk left my hair soft and manageable but as I am not a fan of the scent, I do not see myself repurchasing. This is a cult favourite by many but is not my cup of tea.





Next we have the items I actually purchased and I think it is a well-rounded pick this time.





The Lanolips Lip Water, the Moa Green Balm (a repurchase), Alpha-H Liquid Gold and Lixir skin Universal Emulsion (a repurchase).





I desperately wanted to get my hands on the Alpha H Liquid Gold because I had worked out in my head that it is a one-step night routine for those days that I really just cannot be doing my skin routine. Do not get me wrong, I love my double cleanse, tone, serum, serum, oil, moisturiser on certain days, but some days I just cannot be bothered with anything and this is where Alpha H comes in. All you do is cleanse your face and apply Liquid Gold on clean, dry skin. That is all. I try not to use it when I know it will be super sunny but this has left my skin looking smooth and I have had no irritation. WIN.





I had previously tried the Lixirskin Universal Emulsion and really enjoyed it so this is a repurchase. The formulation is very smart in that it feels like a lightweight moisturiser which you massage into the skin and through the massaging, it almost forms like a layer which feels like it seals onto the skin. You normally get this seal with heavier moisturisers but this Lixirskin offering is lightweight on my combination skin. I particularly love it on planes after a full routine and since incorporating this onto my flight routine, I do not get breakouts or sensitised skin!





The Lanolips Lip Water is a relatively new launch by the brand. The formula has flecks of glitter suspended in the gel (does not feel tacky at all) but the glitter does not look silly and in fact just makes the lips look quite sumptuous. My only complaint is the applicator which is some brush wand situation - not my favourite. I love the mint tingle and find that this really does add moisture to parched lips.





Finally we have the Moa Green Balm which is a repurchase as I know it works on sensitised skin, calming it down immediately. I always like to have a little pot of this goodness with me as I know it works a treat.





A rather successful haul from Cult Beauty during their 20% skincare sale on my end. Did you try anything new?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS