Saturday 19 January 2019

Sephora 100 point perk - Kat Von D Setting Powder


I managed to redeem the Kat Von D Setting Powder with just 100 points at Sephora. This was a while ago, before I boycotted the brand due to her anti-vaccinations view. So I was not planning on doing a standalone post, but seeing as I still use the product, I just will not purchase any item from the brand from now on, I figured I may as well do the review.





The setting powder is translucent and so has a faint yellow tinge.





You can either tip the product out onto your hands or onto the lid which is what I typically do, and then use a damp sponge to pick up product or a brush, to apply on the face.





When applied in larger quantities, there is a slight white cast but that is easily dusted off. It has a very mattifying effect on skin but does not feel drying.





No more white cast when it is dusted off! I also find makeup to last longer when using this powder as it really has a locking foundation in sort of technology.





Kat Von D packaging is quite a love-hate. I personally prefer classic looks as opposed to super cute or super edgy.





My decision not to support the brand pains me a little as I love her Ever Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Double Dare, but there are other options and dupes.





I have tried to stay quite neutral when reviewing this product but ultimately, I will not be purchasing any more products from the brand. It is a real shame, considering her tattoo liner is ace, but I simply cannot support her when she is anti-vaccinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS