Thursday 2 August 2018

Empties #51


Today let's deal with some skincare empties!




Starting off with the Shiseido WASO Fresh Jelly Lotion. Even though you see that I have the sample and the full size, I actually picked up the full size before I received the sample size as a gift with purchase. Out of all the Shiseido WASO products, this is probably not one that I loved as much. It is ok but it smells so floral and fragranced that I think I personally will not be reaching for it anymore. I prefer drugstore options such as HadaLabo.





Then we have these 4 sample size skincare products:-

Shiseido WASO Clear Mega-Hydrating Cream - This is a really hydrating cream and you could use it in the day if you have normal-dry skin. I have normal-combination oily skin and it is so nice as either a day cream or a night cream. It is super hydrating without being oily.

Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturising Cream - However, if I can only choose one moisturiser and budget is not an issue, it would not doubt be this one. Many people with drier skin love this Kate Somerville offering but I personally find it incredible. I am cutting this up to dig in, that is how much I love it.

Bioderma Sebium Pure Refiner - This is a more dry and matte moisturiser. I did not really see any benefits to my pores and while the silicone-y feeling helped to blur the look of pores, I was not blown off my socks.

Caudalie Vinoperfect Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Day Perfecting Fluid - This is really lovely, the SPF protection is not quite high enough and the coverage is really low, it really is just a sheer tint but I do enjoy it. I would wear a separate sunscreen underneath and wear this as a daily base.





I have this Pixi Glow Tonic from... actually I do not remember, but I have finished the full size and purchased another one, which I do actually decant into this bottle to travel with - that should tell you how much I like this. It is really brightening on the skin and helps with fading scars and spots just calm down/disappear. A must have.





The Japanese love lightweight textures and to layer them (but not 9 layers) and this Hada Labo Gokujyun Hydrating Milk, even though I did not love initially, I eventually realised how much I love it and I have actually bought a refill pack and am looking to get the full size. This provides hydration without being heavy and it is easy to use both day and night.





Next we have 2 waterproof eye makeup removers. One is a long time favourite and one is a bit of a fail. The Sephora Bi-Phase Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover is a winner. It is really effective in removing waterproof eye makeup (I wear Japanese waterproof mascaras, which are pretty intensely crazy) without irritating them.

The Witch's Pouch Collagen Lip & Eye Remover did not work out for me. First of all, the product is scented, which concerns me. More importantly, every evening when I use this, my eyes are sore and irritated when I go to bed or when I wake up in the morning so this is really not one I would recommend.





Next we have a few acne fighting methods and patches. I have had the Oxy 5 for so long that I think it needs to go. It does dry out the spot but is no longer the method I go for when it comes to dealing with spots. The Cosrx Acne Pimple Master Patch I was so crazy about and I have packs of it everywhere, in my bag, in my travel bag etc BUT I have found one that I prefer, which is The Face Shop x Dr. Balmeur patches. The MiaCare Acne Patch For Night did not do anything for me, so if you want to try patches out, try The Face Shop ones out.





Like I said, I do not really talk about cotton pads, but I do really like these Calmia Natural Pure Cotton as they are compact and really good for exfoliating toners. I like this.





The Cosrx Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser smells of tea tree, which really is not something I like, but the formula of this cleanser is so nice (low foaming gel cleanser) that I look past that and I think I am sort of used to the scent of the cleanser. I like this and would repurchase.

The Ren ClearCalm3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser is a repurchase and I do really enjoy this whenever I am having a breakout or just feeling like I need a deeper cleanse. I find that it does not dry my skin out but feels really cleansing. My bottle was faulty and I had a lot of issues with the pump so I actually took it apart so that I could use it - that is how much I like this cleanser.





So while the Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover is amazing, I hate the Sephora Supreme Cleansing Oil with a passion. This is the worst cleansing oil I have ever tried. Not only is it thick and claggy when you massage it on, it does not rinse off. It just sticks onto your face and stay there. UGH. I used it up by using it to wash my brushes but even then, sometimes I have to do a double or triple cleanse with shampoo or soap because the oil would just stick on it.


The Moonshot Perfect Cleansing Oil is really nice and the actual product is pink with a shimmering reflect. I did not see any glitter or remnants when I washed it off so I did find it quite nice, and I do not mind getting the full size.





Another can of Caudalie Organic Grape Water bites the dust. This features so often on the blog that it seems stupid to keep repeating how much I love it. I am looking for and trying out other toning waters which are more affordable but I still really love this.





The last two empties this month is the HadaLabo Gokujyun Cream and the Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence

The HadaLabo Gokujyun Cream is hydrating and I do not use it in the day time under makeup but I would wear it if I was staying at home and not heading out at all. It is hydrating but can veer on being slightly oilier.

The Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence was one of my favourite sunscreens. It is now reformulated and while I am still trying the new and reformulated version, I am hoping I would like the new one as much as I love this one. It is so lightweight on the skin.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS