Saturday 26 May 2018

Soap & Glory Makeup


Part of the giant box I received as a Christmas present had these Soap & Glory items, so I thought I would give you a more in depth run through of them.




Starting off with the Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner. This is really hyped up online and there are so popular with many people and I have seen rave reviews about this.





I cannot say I had the same experience with this eyeliner. The eyeliner does come with a felt tip liner, some people prefer this as they think it is easier to control and use (which I agree) but I personally find that felt tip liners tend to fray quicker and brush tip tends to last longer. However, it is the finish of the liner that has me really disappointed. This is not a black eyeliner, it is a light grey eyeliner.





Then we have the Soap & Glory THick & Fast High Definition Collagen Mascara. So this sounds like it will be really good for your lashes due to the inclusion of collagen. I really like the packaging of this mascara.





I personally prefer a less scary brush as this looks like it will take my eye out. I do not use this by itself, because it does not hold a lash up (typical as it is not a waterproof formula) but it does volumise and lengthen beautifully, so if you already have curled lashes, this might be one for you but it is not for me.





Finally we have the Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Gloss in Plums Up. If you are scared of plums and purples, this is an easy way to wear it because it is just a really sheer colour which is very pretty. However the minty tingling, is so intense, I was almost doubling over laughing/crying I don't know what kind of sensation. Then to feel less lonely in my pain, I applied it on my poor boyfriend so that he could understand. I think this needs a post by itself.





Here is a swatch of the eyeliner (grey-brown crap colour) and the lip gloss which is a wash of beautiful sheer colour that looks very flattering.





So unfortunately my makeup foray with Soap & Glory have not been the most successful. They do mini lip balms which I enjoy but generally I tend to be more impressed with their bodycare compared to their skincare or makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS