Sunday 29 April 2018

Empties #48


On a trip to Japan, I brought along some items to try and a lot of favourites and trusted skincare. Here are some that I finished up while I was out.




Here are some of the sample sachets that I brought along and I want to run you through them quickly. 





The dermalogica skin hydrating booster is a nice one but nothing overly special in my opinion.

The dermalogica gentle soothing booster is a real winner in my books. It smells like berries (there is a berry listed in the ingredients) and when I have tried this on sore bits, it has instantly soothed it. NEED. 





Next we have the Jurlique Purely Bright Radiance Serum which surprisingly felt thicker, almost like a moisturiser. Now if you do not like perfume or fragrance in your skincare, this has neither because it smelled ... really funky. Not gone-off funky, just unscented skincare funky. However, it was really the texture that was somewhat not getting along with me that much. I do not dislike it but neither do I like it.

The Melvita Pulpe de Rose Plumping Radiance Sorbet Serum is so lovely that even at over RM200 (I cannot remember the price point) I am super excited to pick it up because it smells like really young roses and feels amazing on the skin. I need this.





I was not in love with the Melvita Nectar Bright Brightening Cream. It is alright and feels ok but I do not love it.





The Shiseido Ibuki Refining Moisturiser feels so lightweight and watery but hydrating at the same time. How do they do it, seriously! I am so impressed by this.





This Fragonard Facial Oil with Organic Olive Oil did not work for me at all. In fact, I must tell you that when I substituted my Melvita Argan Oil for this, my skin felt super oily (it sat on the skin) and in the morning, my skin was really dry and dehydrated. So clearly, for me, the oil did not work at all.





The Skin Inc Pure Deepsea Hydrating Mask is a nice one. I feel like it is more of a gel moisturiser with plenty of hydration than a mask. However, I do not think I will purchase a full size because it comes in a tub. I like this tube.





The Supergoop! Everyday Sunscreen is a little oily for me to use daily in Malaysia's heat and humidity but when I was in super cold weather, this was perfect to use. I trust it explicitly to protect my skin and would recommend to drier-normal skin types.





The Caudalie Organic Grape Water is another one that has been finished. Considering that at one point, I picked up 6 bottles at one go, it is really not surprising that I keep churning these out as empties! I really do love this and would highly recommend it between skincare steps for an added hydration hit.





Finally, let's go through the makeup empties!





The Loreal Brow Artist Plumper is an old one but I did have 2-3 tubes (I like to buy back ups of things I like) and even though I use it as a gel to set my brows, I sometimes use it without any eyebrow pencils as well, for a more natural look and it totally works. This is now no longer in stores but I believe they have a newer version.


The Heroine Make Super Waterproof Volume and Curl Mascara is a really good one. It has reached the 3 months period so I am saying goodbye to it. I do prefer the long and curl version because of the difference in wand. There is no difference in formulation.





I have quite a few back ups of the Silkygirl Perfect Matte Liquid Eyeliner Waterproof because I love it so much. However this one, the brush is starting to fray, which means I cannot get a crisp line anymore so I am saying goodbye and starting a new tube.





I have finished up the It Cosmetics CC Cream in Medium before and now I am finishing this in Light. A deluxe sample like this lasts a long time and I am somewhat in between shades, which is quite annoying but I think It Cosmetics are releasing more shades so I am waiting, as I do really like this formula.





This is everything in this month's empties!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS