Thursday 5 April 2018

Cult Beauty Order - Jouer & The Ordinary


I love Cult Beauty. There, I have said it. I love that they do tracked international shipping and you don't pay the VAT for products when you export it from the UK and you get it within a relatively short period of time. YES.




I actually picked up this The Ordinary Rose Hip Seed Oil for my cousin and I was pretty tempted to pick one up for myself, but I think I will do that next time, when I have finished more product out.





All the oils seem to come in the darker bottle packaging, to protect the integrity of the product- usually these are sun sensitive.





I have seen a lot of good reviews about this and I know I love Argan Oil and my skin loves it, so I wanted to try out Rose Hip Oil to see if it suits me and The Ordinary is a good brand to try things out before you decide if you want to invest since it is not too expensive. There is controversy around Deciem (the parent brand/group) so I am also keeping an eye out for more information.





The two product I have picked for myself are both from Jouer, which is an American brand that I do enjoy. I have tried many things, including the Matte Moisture Tint which I love.





The Jouer Creme Eyeshadow is a classic one and I already have it in 3 shades, Roccoco (champagne), Renaissance (Purple), Baroque (Bronze) and now I have a 4th, Venetian (Dark Green). The Jouer Blush Bouquet is a newer product and there are 3 shades. I picked up the shade Adore.





First things first, the Jouer Blush Bouquet is so beautiful. I love the pastel pink and gold floral detailing. I do find that the box is quite a bit bigger than the actual product and wonder if there is a real need for this? Maybe it is meant to make it feel more luxurious, but it just made me feel slightly disappointed that the item is so small in comparison with the box.





However, the actual product is not actually that small. It is a good size and the compact nature means that it is food for travelling. I love that you get a very decent mirror with it. You do get 2 blush shades, hence why the name blush bouquet.

I plan to go more in depth in a separate blog post so that I can show you swatches as well, so stay tuned!





This is the Jouer Creme Eyeshadow Crayon in Venetian. All the Creme Eyeshadow Crayons come with a sharpener at the end should you need it (I hardly ever use it).





You then twist up to reveal the product and you do not actually need to sharpen the pen to reveal the product. You can use the sharpener if you tend to use this like an eyeliner. I like to apply it on my eyelids and then smudge it out for a wash of colour.

Again, you can expect a proper thorough blogpost on this Jouer Eyeshadow Creme in Venetian coming right up!


Are you a Cult Beauty fan? I find the customer service really helpful and they do offer birthday discounts and discount codes throughout the year (which is when I generally place my orders!)






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS