Tuesday 3 April 2018

All About Lips #163 - Kat Von D



Show me a mini or a MINI SET, and see my figure out how to get my hands on it, immediately!
This Kat Von D set was actually a 500 point perk and it did not take any convincing for me to redeem it! You get two eyeliners and two lip products in this bag and today we will be looking at both the lipstick and the liquid lipstick!




The Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Cathedral and the shade is so beautiful. It helps that this is a really cute mini. I have a really soft spot for mini lipsticks!





This is the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Vampira which is a really vampy shade (did the name give you any hints of that?) The mini liquid lipstick means the wand is shorter and so easier to use than the full size that needs getting used to. The doe foot applicator is quite a standard one.





I have swatched all the products of the Kat Von D bag here and you can see that even in the swatch, the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Vampira on the left looks a little patchy but really beautiful and then the Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Cathedral looks really promising!





Here is the Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Cathedral and it is a really nice everyday shade.  I like how a slightly darker lip pulls the whole look together. I do find that a mini lipstick means that it is easier to get the cupid's bow really sharp and crisp.





I like how this even matches my top but overall, a cool toned berry red which is very beautiful to wear, creamy enough to glide on but not so creamy as to slide right off your face.





Now let's look at the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Vampira





I love the overall effect of this liquid lipstick and how dark it is. However, I have to admit that it was really patchy and difficult to get an even layer of this to wear properly on my lips. I kept trying to fix it and in a way, it was almost even ... worse.





The shade in the tube is quite representative of how it will look on your lips, just a touch redder and not much oxidising at all. I will be trying this out in more ways to try and see if a lip balm or other ways to prevent the patchiness (if it is possible).





Overally, the Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Cathedral was a total win and the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Vampira, not so much.  Did you pick up this Sephora 500 points perk?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS