Saturday 31 March 2018

Empties #47


I managed to finish up a few items while I was travelling so here is an empties post on my reviews for them.





The Loccitane Precious Serum felt lovely on the skin but it was not quite what I was looking for. I love a hydrating serum or a brightening or plumping one. This felt nice on the skin but was not the shot of hydration my skin was craving.





Used with the serum, the Loccitane Precious Cream is likewise lovely. It sinks quickly into the skin and feels very nourishing. I actually rather enjoyed this but would probably not purchase as I prefer lotions and creams in tubes than tubs or pots.





The Melvita Argan Oil is a classic in my bag. I brought along a travel size and finished it but I have a full size bottle which I am using because my skin actually loves this so much.





The Colgate Advanced Whitening is a green gel formula. I actually prefer the gel formulas to the classic white paste but I think that might just be because it feels like something refreshing and new!





I bought the Rejoice Rich Soft Smooth Conditioner in a pinch and it smells really gorgeous. However, it is choke full of silicones so I will not repurchase.





This Colgate toothbrush has super soft bristles and is really lovely to use. I tend to go for soft, or extra soft bristles as it is kinder for gums and when I travel I usually just grab a manual toothbrush for on the go!





I have had many samples and sachets of the Caudalie Moisturising Sorbet and I never tire of it because it really feels like a splash of hydration when you apply it. I tend to use it on flights as it is so refreshing and moisturising without being thick or heavy. Use it after a serum for even more hydration!





The Ultrasun Sports Transparent Sun Protection Gel is pretty much the only thing I can get Will to apply before we head out. As a super fair individual, he needs more than SPF20, but SPF20 is still better than nothing. I like this as well because it is so lightweight and dries almost upon contact, leaving no white cast (it is transparent).





I picked up the Biore Mild Cleansing Liquid because there is an added 1/3 Beauty Moisture Essence and it is meant to be like a micellar water, but I find it more like a thicker oil for makeup removal. It removes makeup effectively. I do always double cleanse when I am wearing makeup and this only serves as a first cleanse (makeup removal). I was not so blown away that I would repurchase.





This is a very well loved and well used product - the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light. This has a soft white sheen and is surprisingly easy to wear even on my almost medium skin tone. It is not ashy but a soft blur on the skin. I like this but will probably not repurchase due to price point.





The Boom De Ah Dah Pomegranate Everyday Mask Firming was nice to use but I did find it rather strongly fragranced. Luckily that in itself did not seem to irritate my skin.





The Etude House Perfect 10 Eye Primer is a good, affordable one in the market. Of all the eye primers I have tried, this is the cheapest and it is actually really good for its price point. It is not my favourite (sadly I like the eye watering Nars one) but I certainly would be happy to repurchase and use this.





The For Beloved One Metasleep Brightening Lumi's Key Essence has a really nice texture and I use it like a serum but the packaging drove me mental. NO. For more information and pictures of the terrible packaging, see this post.





I thoroughly enjoyed the For Beloved One Metasleep Brightening Lumi's Key Toner. If you use too much, it almost seem to foam a little on the cotton pad.





The For Beloved One Metasleep Brightening Lumi's Key Jelly is used in the evening like a night mask and it is quite interesting as it is a different texture and I did enjoy it.





One of my favourite items from the sample kit was the For Beloved One Metasleep Brightening Lumi's Key Lotion. The texture of this is really lightweight and my skin felt hydrated without getting oily quickly. It feels like a sophisticated, lightweight formula.





Finally we have the Shiseido WASO Quick Gentle Cleanser. This is a really good cleanser, it does not foam up too much at all and cleanses without stripping the skin. It is a little too fragranced for my personal preference, but it smells nice (just to clarify). However, I prefer my skincare to be less perfumed. I did introduce this to a friend, and would repurchase.


If you made it this far, let me know what products have you tried out from here and what did you finish up this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS