Saturday 24 March 2018

Japan Haul #2 - Skincare


Personally, I have always preferred Japanese skincare over Korean skincare, solely based on the fact that it is more established and has been in the market/famous for a longer time. I also think that the Korean are more relaxed and think nothing about having surgery whereas the Japanese seems to have a more conservative look on surgery and are (in my opinion) gentler on their skin compared to their Korean counterparts.









First up, I picked up the Hada Labo Hydrating Lotion and the Hada Labo Hydrating Lotion refill packets. These work out cheaper than buying the with the bottles but I was too lazy to lug the bottles around so I figured I will purchase the bottles here as I have tried them in a travel size and really enjoyed them, and then when I am finished with it, I will just refill it over!





I also picked up some eye drops, which I have lumped here as part of my skincare. I don't tend to prefer the full size bottles which you use for a whole month, because it tends to contain preservatives, and the fact that I cannot actually finish even half a bottle before I have to throw it at the month's end. So I tend to gravitate towards these individual eye drops which last for 12-24 hours (depending on brand) and I just recycle the little vial when I am done!





The individual vials come wrapped in 6 in a plastic seal and there are 5 packs of these. These will probably last me a whole year as I do not need eye drops everyday. I find that these individual vials may be more expensive initially but actually work out a lot more cost effective for me!





Next is actually a pack of 5 facial masks. This is a Kosé Whitening Face Mask which I helped my mum picked up to gift. Each mask comes wrapped in its own sachet and they are good in that you can either break it down as gifts for different people or you can just keep them for yourself.





I was hoping to steal one off my mum but I believe she has gifted these away so if I get a chance to ask about how these worked, I will let you all know for sure.





Then we have two lip balms, I cannot go anywhere without picking up lip balms. It is my kryptonite.





Let's start with the more "boring" option, which is also mine - the Shiseido Water In Lip.





I picked up the Shiseido Water in Lip because it was all over the shop I went to, and it just looks very basic, very simple and to me that translates to being very hydrating on the lips. Go figure.





There is a balmy feeling when you apply it, there is no colour and it is small to tuck away and lip products layer well on top of this. If I am wearing a matte lip colour, I do tend to blot it off. This is nice!





Finally, we have the Vaseline Lip Balm in Rosy Lips. I know a lot of people diss Vaseline but I also know a lot of people who swear by it and love it. Basically if you have really dry lips, Vaseline will not repair your lips. If you just need something just to coat your lips, this is a good one.





I picked this up because look at it!!!! It is so dinky and cute and a teeny mini of the original Vaseline!





They actually had this in the original, in creme brulee and this rosy version. Since this is actually my mum's, she wanted the rosy lips which I was totally in support of since I think it is the cutest!





There was a bit of product on the lid so I was able to dig my grubby fingers (*they were not grubby) in and swatch the product for you! (I am forever grateful that my mum lets me swatch and play with her stuff for my blog).





Here is a swatch of the Vaseline Lip Balm in Rosy Lips and you can see that it is just a very sheer tint, a hint of pinky red, which will make your lips look healthier and perkier. It is small enough to tote around in your handbag. I love minis.





So this is every single skincare item I picked up on this trip to Japan, if there anything you would like me to review first, do drop me a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS