Saturday 24 February 2018

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream


Kiehl's is a well-established brand, but for some reason I have never really tried any of their "cult" products, but a quick rummage through my blog shows that I love their sunscreen, and that I used the Clearly Corrective range, as well as really loving the Midnight Recovery Concentrate (which technically is a cult classic).





Now, upon further rummaging, I did find a post that mentioned I did not like the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturiser, and it broke me out! So this is interesting, as I was asking the sales lady the difference between the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturiser (in a bottle) and the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream (in a tub, as shown above) and the Moisturiser is actually richer than the Cream! How fascinating as it is almost always the other way around! This is also supported by a blog post I found when researching and you can read it HERE.





Now the texture of the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream may look quite substantial/solid in the picture, but it really is not. It actually feels quite lightweight on the skin and is absorbed easily. The same cannot be said about the Moisturiser for the line, but knowing now that it is the richer version, I can understand why it broke me out - I have normal-combination skin!





There are some concerns about the ingredients list of this product, namely that Cyclohexasiloxane is listed so high up in the ingredients list, but glycerin and squalene are known to be skin friendly and good humectants.





The range also has toners (pictured above) and cleansers (pictured below) and the sales lady kindly gave my cousin samples to try out when she bought the Ultra Facial Cream. Many people are on the fence about the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream, and my favourite skincare Guru aka Caroline Hirons says it is ok, just not wow.





I think that like many things, if it works for you, stick with it. I personally really like their Midnight Recovery Oil and their sunscreen is great. However, I have moisturisers that I could get at Boots/Superdrug/Watsons/Guardian for less, (Hada Labo, I am looking at you) that I love, so it is unlikely that personally I would shell out so much (it costs about £24.50 for 50ml) for a moisturiser.


What is your stand on the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS