Tuesday 23 January 2018

All About Lips #153 - NYX soft matte lip creams


The NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams are a really nice formula and I like the ones I have tried so I wanted to pick out more to test out.



The three I picked up are Monte Carlo (red) Moscow (blue) and Transylvania (purple)! The blue and purple were really exciting for me and I wanted to pick out shocking shades without spending too much money in case I really cannot pull it off/only using it for certain looks.





Sadly, apart from the Monte Carlo shade (middle swatch), Moscow was really patchy on me. I don't see this performing better on the lips and I really have to do layers to try and cover the patches. Transylvania is not the easiest shade but purples tend to run a bit patchy but Moscow was even more patchy than this. So yeah.





So unfortunately these are not a win in my books. I have used them but I rarely reach for them because they are not as easy to use as I remember. I now think that the formula differs from shade to shade so you really have to try it out before you purchase/read reviews!





Are you a fan of these NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams and what shades would you recommend?




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS