Sunday 17 December 2017

Empties #40 - Skincare Serum & Moisturiser




In this Empties post, we focus on serums and moisturisers! There are quite a few so grab a cup of tea and let's go!






This Boscia Clear Complexion Moisturiser is really lightweight but does not feel like it is insufficient when you use it after a hydrating serum. I enjoy using it in the day time under makeup and it performs superbly, keeping shine at bay.





This is a repurchase of the Melvita Nectar Pur Purifying Roll-On. It tackles pimples, spots and zits. They do say to use this in the evenings but I tend to just use it whenever I see a spot, even in the day time! I really like this (hence the repurchase!)





The Melvita Argan Oil is amazing. I have purchased this twice (at least) and so when I got this little dinky travel size, I was delighted! I can now decant my beloved Argan Oil into this and bring it around. A little goes a long way (like most oils) and you can use it on body and hair as well. I tend to save it for my face and sometimes treat my hair to this.





The Clarins HydraQuench Cream-Gel is a really lovely formula. I will admit I prefer the Multi active range, but the reason I do not invest in Clarins moisturisers is because I just do not like creams in pots as much. I also think the packaging is a little clunky. The actual products are beautiful and I love Clarins skincare.

The Clarins Double Serum is a cult classic. I used to have a full bottle and my face absolutely loved it. Did I see massive results? Not really, but I do not think I am the target group. Even now, while the product feels amazing on my skin, I just do not think I am at the age to feel the difference this offers. Would I recommend it? Without a doubt.





The Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream had so much hype around it but I will be the first to admit, I did not understand it. It was alright, a decent eye cream but I really did not like the plastic applicator. You pop the clear lid off, and then you pull out the orange bit to squeeze product out, and then push the orange bit back in, so that you can apply the eye cream without contaminating the rest of the eye cream. I just found the plastic bit to drag on the eye and was not smooth at all (or cooling on the eye are like a metal tip) so I cannot say I enjoyed this.

The Bobbi Brown Eye Cream is a real delight. I cannot say I love the pot. I prefer things in squeezy tubes as pots mean I have to dig in and sometimes product just gets stuck in my nails. I will admit it never quite feels as luxurious as when the Bobbi Brown sales assistant applies it, but this is properly lovely stuff.





The Bioderma Hydrabio Serum feels like an absolute delight on the skin. It does not have any scent and is actually a thicker almost gel-like serum. I love this and powered through it really quickly. I would repurchase.

The Bioderma Hydrabio Light Cream is really quite light. It feels nice in the day time after a serum and before makeup. It is sufficient hydration and moisturisation in the day time and I would repurchase this (but I do love the Hydrabio Serum that little bit more)





I also tried out the Pure Beauty Pomegranate Urban Shield Intensive Serum which is quite fragranced. It is a thicker serum, which feels nice on the skin but the fragrance (while nice and fruity) put me off a bit. I think it performs decently for its price point. The Pure Beauty Pomegranate Urban Shield Protective Sun Lotion SPF20 is quite runny and I do not think you actually get SPF20 protection because you do not need very much to cover your whole face. I liked that I was cheating and only doing one step for moisture and sunscreen, but in truth, I knew I was cheating my skin and did feel like I needed a better moisturiser and this was also fragranced, so I did not repurchase.





The only thing that I did not love from The Seeds Natural, is this The Seeds Natural Aloe Moist Face & Body. Somehow this stung my face on many occasions and even though it is really runny, it just did not feel right on the skin. It was ok on the body but also nothing spectacular. I was disappointed as I usually love everything aloe vera and I also tend to love everything I have picked up from The Seeds Natural but this was just not one for me.





This BeeBio Active Manuka Honey and Royal Jelly Facial Cream is actually really thick and quite heavy on my skin. I think that this will suit drier skin more than my normal-combination skin. Saying that, I save this for evening, especially when I feel a bit blah and this will perk my skin up the next morning. I enjoyed using this and I have another 2 jars so I am pretty pleased about that.





This Alpha-H Essential Hydration Cream is such a favourite of mine. I cannot remember the last time I had only tried a 5ml sample and fallen so hard for a cream. I love it. It is amazing. I want to get this. I use it in the day time and it almost blurs my pores and just applies like an absolute dream.





This Olay Total Effects 7 in one day cream gentle I did not get on with when I initially tried it but after using less (half a pump is enough) I realised that this is really nourishing on the skin and very beautiful for evening use. I enjoy it in the day time if I am not doing serums and other things because I have normal-combination skin and this is sufficient!





The Murad Rapid Collagen Infusion is the gift that keeps giving. The pump seems to be really efficient and I was using this for weeks and given that it is only 5ml, I was very impressed! The serum felt very comfortable on the skin but I cannot actually confirm that it reduced the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles because I do not really have fine lines and wrinkles properly yet. I have some near my eyes but I was not comfortable using this near my eyes.





I don't think I have ever scraped a lip balm that clean but the By Terry Baume De Rose is a real delight to use and for the price it costs, I was going to scrap every last thing out to use. No way was I letting any go to waste. I really enjoyed this but I do not think I can justify paying that price so I will not repurchase. If you can afford it, go all out because this is amazing.





This Dr.PawPaw is all gone and while I put it to good use as a multipurpose balm (it is brilliant as a lip balm and on dry bits), I have others that I prefer, like Lanolips 101 Ointment Balm so I am unlikely to repurchase, only because I have others that I prefer.





The Skin Inc Licorice Serum is actually quite soothing. I tried using this when I had a bit of a flare up and it did calm the skin down, so that was pretty epic. I like using this in the mornings (it's also nice in the evenings).

ThenSkin Inc Chorella Serum I did not really see much difference to my skin. It glides nicely on (like all serums) but I was not sure if it did anything for me at all.

The Skin Inc Vitamin A Serum I only use at night because the "regenerate" and Vitamin A reminds me of Retinols (I can't really explain why) so I use it at night and make sure that I use sunscreen, which is not too difficult since I wear sunscreen everyday anyway. Again, perhaps the teeny tiny size (uber cute) was too small to see an actual difference.

The Skin Inc Hyaluronic Acid Serum I really love and enjoy. I used this completely up and just kept trying to get more out. This is beautiful and hydrating.






I have used the Caudalie Vinosource Moisturising Sorbet several times before and I really enjoy it. It is targeted at sensitive skin but is suitable for everyone, including oilier skin types. It is really lightweight and sinks in beautifully on the skin. I particularly enjoy this on airplanes as I can layer it without feeling heavy or icky.





The Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum is another must-have. This is so hydrating on the skin and my face just loves this. It is very runny and has the slightest Caudalie scent ( I believe it is the grape juice scent). I love this and have repurchased repeatedly.





I have two Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil here because one was in a set and one was a point redemption. This is really nice and the bigger bottle has a sharper point dropper which I really like so I am keeping both bottles for travel. Unlike the Melvita version, you cannot see the product remnants as obviously but I think that the dark tint probably helps preserve the oil.

The Organic Touch Malaysia Infinity Oil is a local blend and it can be a bit heavy on oilier skin types. I also found the rose scent to be very overpowering. However, using it in the evenings without a moisturiser was more than sufficient and my skin always looked very plump. I do not think I will repurchase just because of the scent.

I used to really love the Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil as I find that it really balances my skin out. My skin truly is less oily when I use this consistency, it is so amazing. I think I might need another bottle of this soon.

I use The Seeds Natural Skin Serum Face & Body both on my skin and my body and hair. It is really nice and this feels like a nice generous bottle even though it is 30ml like all other bottles, so I think it may be because a little goes a long way. I plan to repurchase this!





I do not tend to like skincare from cosmetics brand but the It Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream really surprised me. It seems targeted at drier skin but it actually feels really comfortable to wear and is not thick under makeup or heavy. I really like this but it is too pricey for me to invest.





I really wanted to try the Clinique Custom-repair Serum but one little sachet is quite hard to tell. Normally I can tell if I hate or dislike a product within first few usage, so I know I don't dislike this but I do not feel like I know much else! It did spread nicely and has no scent, does not irritate the skin at all.





The Melvita Rose Extraordinary Water is almost like a toner, and while I do not love roses generally, and this rose scent does not appeal to me, it does feel great on the skin and I love how serums go on afterwards. I know this is a very popular option for Melvita.

The Melvita Argan Oil I have literally just talked about up above! Love.

The Melvita Nectar De Roses Hydrating Day Cream feels silky soft on the skin, I enjoyed this and think that it is best for normal skin type as it feels lovely but did not feel amazingly hydrating or oil controlling. So I think it is nice if you have normal-ish skin. I like this.






Finally we have two Yours Truly Organics Fix Me! Repairing Serum which I don't hear about at all, but this is really runny and the 10ml sachets are so generous! I tend to get about 2-3 days use with one sachet and I use it both as a day and night serum. I do pat it in until it dries because it is so runny. I am impressed by how lovely this is! Have you even heard of Yours Truly Organics?







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS