Saturday 14 October 2017

Deciem The Ordinary Skincare


For my trip to the UK, I knew there was one shop that I was not missing even if I had to crawl there, yes, the Deciem store. I had heard and seen that there is a new store in Covent Garden and it was just perfect! The Ordinary store is actually a standalone store and then there is a Deciem store right next to it, so you get to see everything at one go!




Well, I was expected to come out of the store with some bits, and the carrier bag actually had this little note at the bottom.





How cute is this? I know I am such a sucker for cute quotes and little notes but I think that this is a really nice way to cheer someone's day up.





Ok, enough about the side bits, let's get into the products proper!





First up, I picked up 2 bottles of Deciem The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 and this is meant to hydrate and repair. I think everyone can benefit from extra hydration as most of us have dehydrated skin. I am already so happy I bought an extra bottle of this.





Deciem The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 comes in a pipette bottle which is very simplistic and actually has its own appeal aesthetically.





The formula is not super liquidy or thick, sitting a little in the middle. So you have play time when you apply it to your skin and you can spritz a hydrating spritz (I like the Caudalie Organic Grape Water) before and/or after so that you can use less of the serum.





Here is a look at the serum on the back of my hand.





Now onto a pm only routine, the Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2%, which I have been told to use only 2-3 evenings a week, after the Deciem The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5.





The Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2% targets fine lines, uneven skin tone and and textural irregularities. I also explained to the lady helping me at the store that I have combination/oily skin and this is what she recommends because this is what she uses as well.





The texture of this Deciem The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2% is not too liquidy and not too thick as well. The slight pink tinge to the serum is handy because I know what I am grabbing for sure even without reading the label (although you really should read the labels). The product also has a scent to it. I don't dislike it or mind it at all.





The final skincare product I picked up is the Deciem The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalene.





I had first heard of Squalene from Bob, who has dry skin and loves squalene. The lady suggested squalene as opposed to an oil because it is less heavy and less likely to clog my pores. This provides hydration.





Out of all the serums, this is the most liquidy so as soon as you apply, you need to spread and apply it. It is very hydrating and I only use it in the evenings or on days that I am not wearing makeup or going out. It is slightly tacky but I tend to use a moisturiser after all my serums so it is not an issue for me at all.

Overall, the skincare at Deciem The Ordinary has been as good as everyone raves about. I do think it is very complicated and you really need to know your skincare to be able to purchase online but otherwise, you get good products for what you pay and there are online assistance and assistants at the physical stores. GET IN ALREADY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS