Thursday 27 July 2017

Kathleen Lights x MakeUpGeek Highlighter Palette




There had been so much hype around the MakeUp Geek x Kathleen Lights Highlighter Palette and I had my eye on it for ages but was trying to decide if I wanted this or individual highlighter pans.




I think the sleeve of the MakeUp Geek x Kathleen Lights Highlighter Palette is really beautiful. I love the white and pinkish/rose gold writings. The actual palette features the MakeUp Geek logo, which is the part you will always see and have. I love the sleeve so I am attempting to keep it pristine, clean and white and I just keep it back into the sleeve every time I have used it so far.





There are 3 highlighters pans and they are Nightlight, Starlight and Sunlight.





Nightlight is a light gold with a reflective luminous finish.





Starlight is a rosy pink with a reflective luminous finish.





Sunlight is a soft copper with a reflective luminous finish.





Here are swatches of the 3 shades of highlighter and I must admit that I expected the names of Nightlight and Sunlight to be the other way around. Somehow when I think of Nightlight I expect it to be darker and I expect Sunlight to be a soft gentle glow. However, of course you can think about it in terms of a soft glowy nightlight and a bright, strong sunlight, but personally I thought the names were a bit counterintuitive.





Here is Nightlight again and it is actually very golden and warm. I expected this to be my most worn colour and I was not far off.





Starlight is the one I use for evenings or when I want my highlight to be really popping and seen from outer space. It is really luminous and beautiful as a cheek highlight and I would never use it anywhere else as it is way too bright to be used on the nose or forehead!





Finally, Sunlight is actually a shade that is deeper and leans towards bronze/copper. It is not a true bronze/copper. I did expect to only wear this as an eyeshadow (looks stunning as an eyeshadow) but when I tried it as a highlighter, boy... this might actually be the most flattering shade on my cheek!





Here I am wearing Starlight very gently dusted on just to see how it would look and it is pretty pigmented!





The highlighter if brought too far down or too near to large pores, will emphasise texture but placed strategically, they are very beautiful.





I am actually wearing Nightlight on the other side of my cheel and you can see that it is a warmer shade on my cheeks and given me cheekbones without contouring!





It is an easier shade to wear and because I am wearing it lightly and not all over the place, I think it is beautiful.





I definitely think that if you like Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal, you will find that Nightlight is just a bit lighter in shade and Sunlight is just a bit darker/warmer! I love all three shades and they are very flattering on the cheeks and I cannot get enough of highlighters.

I sometimes double these up as eyeshadows because of their luminous reflective finish and I am besotted with my MakeUp Geek x Kathleen Lights Highlighter Palette. I bought this when there was a discount and I highly suggest that if you are a similar colouring to me, to pick this palette up. If not, at least try out the MakeUp Geek highlighter pans, I am blown away by the pigmentation and beauty of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS