Sunday 23 July 2017

Sephora


I went into Sephora to pick up another Wen Cleansing Conditioner but came out with 3 extra makeup items which were all picked up from the aisle of doom. I did end up getting the Wen Fig Cleansing Conditioner because it is cheaper than the original which is in almond mint so I thought I would try this out.




I picked up this Sephora Colourful Shadow & Liner in 09 Kaki, yes Kaki, instead of Khaki - I have no clue why. It feels hilarious because Kaki is actually foot/feet in Bahasa Melayu, which is my national language. I think it might have been a typo in production and Sephora just stayed with it.





The olive green colour has a shimmer finish and is easy to swipe on the lids and blend out or to wear as a liner. I sometimes do both, so it is more like a gradient finish, really dark near the lashes and faded out on the lids.





Here is a swatch of the Sephora Colourful Shadow & Liner in 09 Kaki and I think it is beautiful. It does look very dressed up when I wear it because green just makes it look like I am wearing more makeup than I am.





I picked up 2 items from the it cosmetics range because they were on the aisle near the checkout and I thought it was a nice way to try things out without committing.





I like the packaging of it cosmetics products and the philosophy behind the items. Everything is meant to enhance your natural beauty and boost your confidence.





I did pick up the it cosmetics tightline mascara because of the teeny tiny wand. I love it when mascara wands are really small because I feel like I can really get into each of the hair and work the product in.

However, I have tried this and on the lower lashes it smudges and on the top lashes it does not hold a curl up. So this totally did not work on me. Maybe if they release a waterproof version that would work!





I picked up another deluxe sample of the it cosmetics cc+ cream and this time in the shade medium because I tried a sachet sample of that and the colour was much better on me!





Here is a quick swatch demo on me and whilst this is better on me than the previous Light shade that I picked up, it is actually a smidgen too dark.





This shade makes me look really healthy and the tanned colour is nice but I have to bring it really far down my neck to blend it all in. After powdering, it is a better colour because the powder tends to make it slightly lighter. I am thinking that I should mix the lighter shade with this to get my ideal shade but it is so much effort! It Cosmetics really need to release more shades and improve their shade range. That is even before we talk about how bad the shade range is for darker skin tones!

However, I do think the it cosmetics cc+ cream looks good on the skin and I have combination skin. It does not last on me if I do not powder but I like the finish of it. If you are curious about the finish and how it looks on the skin, you can check out my initial review HERE.




That is it for my small-ish Sephora haul this time! Thank you for reading and I hope the mini reviews and swatches helped! Let me know what you picked up recently!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS