Saturday 6 May 2017

Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso



The Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso has been so raved about on youtube that when I went stateside, I had to pick it up. 



The actual blush comes domed shape and when you lift up the flap you will find a mirror underneath and a brush for on-the-go application!





The blush has slightly marbling effect which combines both pigment and a sheer satin/shimmer finish.





The brush is actually scratchy on the face so unless you are applying on the go, I would really recommend using a separate brush and forgoing the one that was included.





Now for the actual swatch, this is obviously a really intense swatch and the peachy coral colour looks intense and not exactly the colours that I tend to gravitate towards as I tend to prefer pinks.





On the cheeks I would blend it out even more than the swatch on the back of my hand here. The slight sheen actually makes this more wearable in my opinion.





When applied to the cheeks, there is an instant brightening and cheering up effect because of the colour and the fact that this is not a flat matte blush. 





Do not get me wrong, I love matte blushes too because I have more control over where I want more of a sheen and where I want merely colour. However, a satin blush with a sheen is a combination of the best of both worlds and excellent when you are lazy or want to just slap and dash out the door.






To further brighten up the face, I would recommend a bright coral lip to tie it into the whole look but I think the blush has done an excellent job on lifting the face. The powder is fine enough not to exaggerate pores and goes on beautifully without tugging or any blotchiness.

If I get an opportunity I would like to pick up other colours as this is a really lovely blush!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS