Saturday 4 February 2017

Walmart haul (The States)



The only thing more exciting about shopping in Sephora in the States, is drugstore makeup shopping.


Neutrogena is a skincare brand which I trust and so I thought I would try out some of their makeup items. I tend to be more likely to try a trusted skincare brand producing makeup, than a well-known' or trusted brand in makeup developing skincare. In fact, these two items were bought for my mother but I asked if I could try the blusher first.





The Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Loose Powder Foundation comes in a few shades and houses a brush for application. I am planning to write a full blog post on the items once I have given it a proper fun through.





Then there is the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blush. The shade 10 is the most unassuming shade but on the cheeks it looks so natural that I really commend my mother's choice! The powder is easy to blend out and easy to wear.





My godmother saw the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and asked if I had tried it. I was surprised at that moment that I had not. I had tried the Beauty Blender but not this and so at $5 for the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and $20 for a Beauty Blender, I think that if the Real Techniques offering is just as good, why spend the extra money?





The e.l.f. blusher & bronzer was not what I expected, they both contain shimmer and is not a dupe for anything that I know. However, they blend nicely on the skin and the blusher shade can be used more like a highlighter. The bronzer is easy to wear and blends out contours nicely.





The Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal Waterproof in Nude is a repurchase for me. It is creamy and ultra smooth as advertised. The nude colour is slightly light on my complexion but it brightens and makes me look more awake.







This was the only thing I picked up from Hard Candy and also the only item I returned because of how bad it was. There is absolutely no pigmentation and it is so powdery and dry. I am actually doing a whole blogpost on this because I feel like I have to justify the purchase and subsequent return.





When I went to the Milani counter, I picked up 2 blushes, one is Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso and the other is Milani Rose Powder Blush in Tea Rose.



Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso is described as a light peach and it is luminous with a slight shimmer running through it.





Milani Rose Powder Blush in Tea Rose is a stunning blusher. The rose design is so beautiful and I almost don't want to use it for I want to prolong the design as long as I can. The formula is a lot drier than the other and it does not swatch well on the fingers but it blends nicely on the cheeks.






Maybelline, is one of my favourite drugstore brands for all sorts of items so it comes as no surprise that I picked up the most items from this brand.





The Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24 Hours Concentrated Crayon in Bronze Truffle was a promising one because I like the original Maybelline Colour Tattoos in the glass pots. 





Not only is this shade easy to wear, it lasts a long time on the lids without creasing, without an eye primer. A winner in my eyes. In fact, I went back for another shade because I like this so much.





The Maybelline Colour Jolt Intense Lip Paint is a dinky and easy to transport and the colour Stripped Down is really wearable. As this is not a matte lip colour, the slight sheen makes it easy and comfortable to wear. It is also easy to reapply. If you want to see it in action read about it HERE.






The last product I picked up is the L'oreal Infallible Pro-SpraySet Makeup Extender Setting Spray in a deluxe size as that was the only one available.





I am not surprised that this is pretty much sold out (I checked a few places) because it is really good! The mist is really fine and my makeup did not budge. Move over Urban Decay, you have a real contender here!




That is it for the first haul at Walmart and it was pretty successful with a slight hiccup here and there. I will have detailed posts on most of the products here so stay tuned!









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS