Tuesday 28 February 2017

All About Lips #145




When I wear bright, bold colours, I prefer them to be a matte so that there is less movement and more staying put on my lips! Enter Maybelline Matte Lipstick in Ruby Red





I like the name. Call it shallow but when lipsticks or eyeshadows only have a number it makes it less appealing and attractive. I much prefer a name and rich ruby sounds decadent!






The actual casing reveals the type of lipstick even before you go to put it on. The matte frosted finish letting you know that it is a matte lipstick before you even pop open the lipstick.






And then you go to look at the lipstick and it is every bit the name it has, rich ruby!






Here is a swatch of the lipstick and it has a blue undertone but looks a little orange here. I have attempted to show you how it looks in natural light!





There is no denying that this is a bright, bold shade. If you are afraid of reds, maybe try wearing this as a sheer colour, dabbing it on rather than swiping it on like I have. I absolutely love how it looks though.





Although labelled as a matte lipstick, this is actually a demi-matte at most. You can still see a slight sheen on the lips but compared to the other lipsticks that Maybelline offers, this is matte. 


I prefer matte finishes because it makes that my bold lip won't be smearing halfway down my face. When wearing a bold shade, it is my preferred finish and this looks like a real contender for Mac's Ruby Woo which I adore. I will be posting a comparison post if anyone is interested leave me a comment below!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS