Tuesday 31 January 2017

All About Lips #141


Today's all about lips post is taking a different vibe from usual. I usually show you a single lip product and how it looks but I was recently inspired by the two lip posts I have just done, namely All About Lips #137 and All About Lips #139 so I thought I would combine the two and see how it comes out!




I essentially used the Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Marvellous Mauve on the outer corners of my lips.





Here is a swatch of the colour. If you want to see how this looks on my lips, check it out HERE.





On the inner/centre part of my lips, I have gone in with the Bare Minerals Gen Nude Matte Liquid Lipstick in Slay.





Here is a swatch of the product and you can see it is much lighter. Again, if you want to see the product in action by itself, check it out HERE.






Essentially, the two colours are quite cool toned and work well with each other. It gives an illusion of poutier lips and because they are both matte liquid lipstick, I just used my finger to pat down the edges to help blend and fuse the two colours.





I think you can still somewhat see where one colour ends and the other begins in a close up such as this one, but I do think the darker outline makes the lighter colour easier to wear out and about.


I like how this experiment has turned out and am thinking of doing more colour combinations, are you guys interested or would you rather I stick on to just one shade swatches? Leave me a comment so that I know what you prefer. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS