Tuesday 13 December 2016

All About Lips #134 - Kosé Lip Gel Magic



This was somewhat of an impulse purchase from Japan, more because I saw it all over the displays and I figured I would try out this multi-coloured lip gel.






Everything was in Japanese and I had no idea what it was or what it meant, but I thought I could understand "lipstick" and that it looked interesting, no harm right?





The product comes housed in a tube for easy dispensation and the packaging with the 4 lipsticks are quite adorable.





The product squeezes out translucent and feels slightly silicone-y but when I swipe and apply it to the back of my hand, you cannot even see where the product is applied.






So I thought I would do a test on my arm. I have applied the Kosé Lip Gel Magic on the left swatch. I tested it with a Bare Minerals Marvellous Moxie lipstick because it has a satin finish to see if perhaps this was a lipstick sealer.






Here I smudge the lipstick and you can see that the left side with the Kosé Lip Gel Magic has stayed on considerably better than the side without it!





Of course, then we have to try it on my lips for a true representation on how it would perform!





I tried it both ways, once under the lipstick and once over the lipstick because I was not sure on the application technique since the instructions and even ingredients list (maybe?) is in Japanese.





So I can assure you that this product works best as a lip topper, meaning that you should apply it over your lip product and it seals in the product and prevents staining or smudging.





Here is an attempt to show you minimal movement of the lip product by kissing the back of my hand. There is minimal transfer if you apply this lip topper to seal in whatever lip product you are wearing underneath.





The Kosé Lip Gel Magic does not alter the satin finish of the Bare Minerals Marvellous Moxie Lipstick and I believe that it does not alter the finish of any of the lip products you may use underneath it. That makes it very ideal for using on top of more moisturising lipsticks to have the lasting finish of a liquid lipstick! Win-win!







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS