Friday 14 October 2016

Sephora Sale




There was a 20% sale across the board for Sephora Black Card members so even though I was all the way in Japan, I managed to pick up a few things, online of course! I did not go as crazy as I did last year, mainly because I knew there would be another sale around February-March time, plus I am trying to cut back a little and to clear out my stash.






First up is what I have been wanting for ages but it has been out of stock until now! The Urban Decay One & Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector in Light Medium is what I consider to be pretty perfect for my skin.





I find that I need 2 pumps for my whole face so I think I will run through this rather quickly but I like how it sits on my skin and the shade is pretty perfect on my skin. The coverage is not super high, in fact I would say this is a light coverage foundation.





The finish is neither dewy like the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue or matte like the Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint (which I cannot believe I do not have a post up on!). When I have this on my skin, it just looks perfected, a bit like a soft filter. Rest assure, a blog post is coming up!





Next up is also something I have added to my wishlist because I am curious about how it would work. 3CE Super Slim Tinted Eyebrow in Ash Brown is a liquid form eyebrow liner. Suqqu does one which is rather pricey and highly recommended by Lisa Eldridge so I thought I would try this one out.





The pen nib is really slim which is promising and I have swatched the product below to show you the colour of it.





If this were an eyeliner, I would be incredibly disappointed but this is for eyebrows and I think a sheerer colour works better and look more natural!





I also decided to get the Supergoop! SPF50 Everyday Sunscreen to try out because a lot of people rave about this but I know some people break out from this so I want to try it out and pray that it does not break me out.





This has been a long time coming but I decided to purchase a refill for my Shu Uemura Calligraphy Ink Eyeliner Pen. I am going to do a blog post on how to replace your pen because I really struggled to find information online for this!





Finally the treat was this Kat Von D Shade + Light Face Palette because it costs a bomb and I really wanted both the face palette and the eyeshadow palette. However, I settled on the face palette because I have a lot of eyeshadow palettes and don't actually wear eyeshadow that often!





The little card might be helpful for some but it does not specify which shade to use, just to shade certain areas and highlight the others depending on what you want. I think watching youtube videos would be more helpful than the little card- Sorry Kat!





Now for the mandatory close up shot, I love how this look and that there is an array of shades. There are certain shades that I probably will not use, mainly the right highlight and right contour as they are just a little too dark for me.





Here are the swatches of the 3 highlight shades and the 3 contour shades. I am planning to put a blogpost up about this but the powder feels really soft and buttery. It does kick off some powder when you go in with a brush but go in gently or you end up with way too much product!



Did you participate in the Sephora sale and drop me a comment on what you purchased or redirect me to your blog or youtube! I am so nosey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS