Tuesday 20 September 2016

All About Lips #122


A few weeks ago, I entered a competition on the Laura Mercier Malaysia instagram and won myself a lipstick!




Now for some reason, the lipstick is completely brand new but it came with a tester sticker, which made me a little worried and although the lipstick bullet was completely brand new, I still sanitised it before first usage.





Behold, the Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Rose, which is described as a pink/rose on the Laura Mercier official website (extremely helpful colour description!) There are a total of 37 shades in this lipstick range and the formula is more of a cremesheen if you are comparing it to Mac.





Laura Mercier describes the lipstick usage as "Apply cushiony, creamy, rich colour in one smoothing swipe." and while it is creamy, I don't think I would describe it as cushiony, or that the colour is that rich. Bear in mind I have a shade that is more nude than a powerhouse. When I think rich colour I think reds and plums so maybe I am being slightly unfair.





The colour, according yours truly, is a pretty pink with hints of peach.





Here is the lipstick swatched. The top is about 5 swipes of the lipstick and the bottom is a quick swipe, just to show you how the colour can be built up. The lipstick is clearly one with a sheen and not a matte lipstick.




Here I am wearing the Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Rose and it reminds me a lot of the Estèe Lauder Pure Colour Envy Shine Lipstick in Pretty Perfect.





If you are curious, I will do a comparison post but this colour is slightly brighter. It does feel really comfortable and does not accentuate lines at all.





These peachy pinks are actually quite flattering and brightens up the face without drawing too much attention to the lips.





Overall, would I recommend the Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour? If you are alright with the packaging, it is slightly bulkier and fatter in the middle, it is a nice lipstick. I have just written about two other formulations from the Laura Mercier lipstick range and the packaging for those are nicer but the Laura Mercier Lip Parfait Creamy Colour Balm does not have the nice slanted tip with an angle to perfect the cupids bow, so the choice really is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS