Sunday 1 May 2016

Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer


I have read so many reviews and I thought it was high time that I tried this out so I went to buy it at a Urban Decay store at KLCC.




First up, it costs RM105 in Malaysia, which is a bit of an ouch. Cosmetics are expensive here in Malaysia so let's see if this one is worth the investment!




If you can see what is on the box, it states that you can expect a naked skin effect because of the various ingredients. I like that the expiry date is clearly printed as well so that you know you are buying one that is in date.




The shade which I ended up being matched to is the Med-Light Neutral.




Onto the product proper, I actually really like the packaging of this concealer. The gunmetal lid and the glass looks really chic and it is weighty and feels like it is worth the amount you have paid for it.




It has a doe foot applicator which surprisingly holds quite a bit of product. Be careful opening it up as I almost always have a tiny bit of concealer flying across the room. So, that is a bit of a downer because I am always extra scared if I am wearing a white top.




Here is the product swatched on my arm. This is actually one swipe on each side of the doe foot applicator.




Here I have blended out one of the swatches and you can see that it is slightly orange on my super fair arm but look at how well it blends out.  Typically I blend it out with a brush or tap it in to retain the higher coverage.




Now just to show you the actual usage, here I am with my make up done but no concealer just so you can fully appreciate the dark eye circles.




Here I am with smudges of concealers everywhere and I look like a confused raccoon.




Just in case there was any confusion, I am using the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer.




Using a Mac 217 to blend it out (it is excellent for that job) and then a bit of benefit porefessional powder on this brush to just set it to prevent creasing.




Here I am without the dark eye circles and the colour match is ideal. It is really creamy and the coverage is good, so I am impressed and happy that I have not wasted that amount of money.




PS. In case you wanted to know the rest of the make up, here it is all laid out - Too Faced Born This Way Foundation, Tarte Light, Camera, Lashes Mascara and Tarte Energy Noir Eye & Cheek Palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS