Sunday 24 April 2016

Empties #24


It's almost rare that I have so many make up items which are featured in empties, but hear me out, I have a reason for each!




 Starting off with the two mascaras, both are being chucked because I had an eye infection and I do not want to risk re-infecting my eyes so I am throwing these out.

Bourjois Volume 1 seconde waterproof mascara is really volumising and I did not expect to like it as much as I did. I could also remove it with the Bifesta Micellar Water (which I really recommend and you can read more on it HERE). I am a bit of a mascara fiend and like trying lots of others so while I think this is good, I will not repurchase anytime soon. It is also not super dry for a waterproof mascara.

Givenchy Phenomeneyes Mascara is a really lengthening mascara. I would not skip eyelash curlers like what the saleslady said, but I think the brush being a little ball at the end really helps with lengthening and separating. It is expensive for a mascara so I do not think I will repurchase.





The wet n wild mega eyes eyeliner is going to the bin because I simply cannot be dealing with the slightly wonky tip. It also smudges under my eyes in a mere few hours. I do not recommend. 





The final make up product is this Lancome Miracle Air De Teint Foundation and I was actually really sad to bin this. It is way past the use-by date and I can really see that it has started thickening, which is a sure sign you need to bin your foundation. So out it goes, but if you like sheer foundations, this one comes highly recommended and is easy to slap on, no powder needed, and it has a satin-matte finish.





Moving on to some bodycare. Here is a Shokobutsu Green Freshness Shower Foam and I really love how foamy Shokobutsu shower foams up. You need the tiniest amount and you could cover yourself from top to toe in lovely lovely foam. (Now I know some people say foam dries the skin out but I love it).

Of course, another Bionsen deodorant bites the dust. I am trialing something else out at the moment but this is still king and I have 1 more back up before I run out. *cries* This is not an anti-perspirant but if like me you just want a deodorant and do not mind sweat because it is after all a natural thing, I highly recommend this deodorant.





Ok, we have quite a lot of haircare as well, so let's dig right in.





Shampoo time! The Aveda Scalp Benefits Shampoo is one of my favourites as my scalp is noticeably soothed when I use this.

 The M Boutique Shampoo is handcrafted and I picked it up at the M Boutique Hotel in Ipoh when I stayed over  but I did not try it on my really sensitised scalp and used it to wash my brushes instead. It smells really fresh.





Next is this Grow Gorgeous Cleansing Conditioner. This leaves my hair really soft even if I do not use a hair oil after, which does not really happen. However, this formula does not lather up much, which I quite like. That was not the deal breaker though. It was more the scent which I was not too keen on that puts me off. I will not be repurchasing.





I got two uses out of the Percy & Reed Bountifully Bouncy Volumising Shampoo & Conditioner sachet and I must firstly say, unlike the empty product I have just mentioned, this smells amazing! I don't generally use volumising haircare because I prefer moisture ranges and I could not really come up with a proper conclusion with just two uses. I think it was nice though.





These two styling products are definitely done and dusted. The L'oreal Extradorinary Oil is really gorgeous to use but it contains silicones, which is something I am trying to avoid so I am trying out other hail oils at the moment. If you do not have any problems with hair oils, this is a good one to try!

The John Frieda Frizz Ease Curl Reviver Mousse is one of the first mousse that I have bought to use ever since been told that my hair texture suit mousse and I love this. I am unable to repurchase because I don't see the John Frieda range in Malaysia but let's just say that if I was in UK I would repurchase this.





This biggest empties pile is of course the skincare pile.





Starting with the two face masks that I have - Good Things Manuka Honey Radiance Face Mask is a good clay mask if you do not like the super drying type. I think this suits most skin types because it is not as drying as traditional clay masks and I like that it promises radiance, although I personally do not see any real difference on the radiance side.

The pod is actually the H&M Kiwi & Watermelon Mask for oily skin and for some reason mine had burst in the pod and about half of the product was all over my skincare stash bag and I used the remainder to try the product out. It smells delicious, like fruit but I don't actually think it did anything for my skin.





Two cleansers, one I tend to use in the shower or evenings - First Aid Beauty Red Clay Deep Cleansing Cleanser smells sort of medicinal. I cannot actually tell if it really is super deep cleansing but the colour, tinged with red clay is sort of scary and I cannot say that I will repurchase this.

The Eve Lom Morning Time Cleanser surprised me because while I think the original Eve Lom cleanser is alright, I would never shell out that sort of money. This was really nice because it is of a softer texture and the packaging is more hygienic. I have actually cut the product in two so that I can use every single last bit of it.





Two serums although one really technically is an oil. The Odacité Vital Glow Serum Concentrate is one that sits well under make up and I reserve it for use in the morning despiste the slightly oily texture. If you leave it to sink in, it really is gorgeous. I cannot afford it but if you can, YES.

Lancome Advanced Genefique Serum is one I cannot decide about because I remember when I tried it last time it made my skin sting. Now however it feels really lovely on the skin but I am always quite wary because the stinging is not exactly the nicest feeling.





 Three moisturisers, all gorgeous.

The Rodial dragon's blood sculpting gel is a thick gel which really feels plumping on the skin. It smells really lovely and do not worry, dragon's blood is a type of plant. I usually use this in the evening but tried it under make up and it did not ball up or anything, just prepped my skin ready for make up. LOVE.

The Ren V-cense Youth Vitality Day Cream is such a lovely texture but the smell drives me completely bonkers. I am looking at getting the moisturiser for sensitive skin because the texture is similar but it has no scent to it.

I did not think I would suit the Clarins HydraQuench Moisturiser because it is targeted as normal/dry skin but my skin drinks this up. When I went back to UK and my skin was a little shocked at the sudden change in temperature, this calmed it right down and when I did not bring it with me when I travelled from UK to Vienna, I really felt the difference. I will repurchase if I go to a colder country.





The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter is amazing for removing make up. A blogger (I cannot remember who, sorry) stated that it is good for cleaning brushes as well and that is certainly something which I want to try out. I have just become a member of TBS here in Malaysia so expect to see more TBS empties in the coming months!





I don't actually know if you are interested in these miscellaneous bits but I thought I would show you these empties too.





Two candles. The Cotton On Body one is actually really sweet smelling but I found it quite comforting, hence the name I suppose!

The other is just a white Ikea candle and I am going to try and freeze it and then remove the horrible remnants of it!





Now I have included this Redoxon Double Action Vitamin C because it tastes really nice and I feel like it helped perked me up when I was feeling really lowly. I have stopped taking it now that I am feeling better but I really do like this. And yes, I do realise how random I am being, sorry not sorry!





Another Boots Essentials Cleansing Wipes but this is the last for a while now and I have to just use regular baby wipes for the swatches on my hands and arms. I really like these and I am not ashamed to admit that.





The Ciate White Choc Pot Nail Polish Remover smells really nice. Is it bad that that is the first thing that I note of this? Anyway, these are really portable and I like that it does work and smells nice. However, I have to bin this now because I have taken many dark nail polishes with it and now whenever I dip a finger in, it comes out looking purplish and rather scary.





I finally managed to get hold of the Colgate Omron Sensitive Toothbrush Head Replacement so I am throwing my old one out. I bought a pack before but cannot find them so had to wait for these ones to arrive.





Lastly are these eyedrops which I have found insanely helpful. I like that they are individually packed so that you can chuck it as soon as you are done with them and I have used quite a few this month but thought I would show you two that are not mangled up. Once open, they just do not look the same anymore.



I hope you found this helpful in some way and thank you for reading this very lengthy post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS