Monday 16 November 2015

Highlighter - Pink/Gold?

I've always been a fan of the golden highlight and strongly believe that the golden tinge is more flattering. However, at a Bobbi Brown event where I actually managed to meet the lovely Ruth Crilly of A Model Recommends, I asked the Bobbi Brown Make Up Artist Amy and she recommended the Pink Highlighter for my skin tone.

Tarte Palette, Soap & Glory Glow All Out Luminising Powder, Benefit Sunbeam Highlighter, Benefit Girl Meets Pearl Highlighter
Tarte Palette, Soap & Glory Glow All Out Luminising Powder, Benefit Sunbeam Highlighter, Benefit Girl Meets Pearl Highlighter





I am a little ashamed to admit that I listened to Amy but I dismissed her opinion (which I asked for). Just a quick side note, I tend to accept other people's opinions because I feel that if I already ask someone for their opinion, I should then respect and accept it since I obviously could not make up my mind earlier!


Here I have swatched Left- Right : Tarte Champagne Pop Highlighter, Soap & Glory Glow All Out, Benefit Sunbeam, Benefit Girl Meets Pearl
Tarte Champagne Pop Highlighter, Soap & Glory Glow All Out Luminising Powder, Benefit Sunbeam Highlighter, Benefit Girl Meets Pearl Highlighter
Tarte Champagne Pop Highlighter, Soap & Glory Glow All Out Luminising Powder, Benefit Sunbeam Highlighter, Benefit Girl Meets Pearl Highlighter

Long story short, I am now converted to pinky highlighters. The highlighter I have been reaching for the last 3-4 months has been the Soap & Glory Glow All Out Luminising Face Powder. Technically marketed as a powder that you can use as an all over brightening face powder, I like to use it as a highlighter on the tops of my cheeks and even Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl is just so beautiful. I think gold highlighter sometimes makes me look more sallow/yellow, but I personally still adore using Benefit Sunbeam highlighter, especially when I am really tanned!

What about you - are you a golden or pinky highlighter girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS