Monday 24 August 2015

Maybelline Brow Drama vs L'oreal Brow Artist Plumper

The battle of the brows continues, I previously blogged about L'oreal Brow Artist Plumper vs Benefit Gimme Brow and you can read it HERE



Today, we explore the Maybelline offering which is the Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara in Dark Brown and the L'oreal offering which is the L'oreal Brow Artist Plumper in Medium/Dark.
The Maybelline actually houses 7.6ml (£4.99) and the L'oreal 7ml (£5.99) of product, which may be a bit of a surprise because the Maybelline bottle looks smaller at first glance because the L'oreal offering is longer in packaging. However, L'oreal is easier to pack than the Maybelline in my opinion.


Here's an upclose of the wand for both (Top: Maybelline on top; Bottom: L'oreal)


I do prefer the L'oreal wand, and the reason I put off buying the Maybelline for ages was due to the crazy looking wand. In case you were worried about the Maybelline wand, it fit my brows just right, erasing any worries I had.

Here's the product swatched, again Top : Maybelline ; Bottom : L'oreal

The Maybelline is described as a brow mascara and I think that befitting. It actually works really well as a brow gel and the colour is dark without being overwhelming.

The L'oreal on the other hand, is a plumper, and it does have fibers in it, more similar to the Benefit Gimme Brow and if you work it in (using it back and forth) you can really build up the density of the eyebrows.


Which do I prefer? This is actually a tough one but I think I have to give it to L'oreal.
1. I prefer the smaller wand
2. I prefer the packaging
3. If I wanted a natural set, I can just comb the product through along the hair growth direction once with L'oreal (Maybelline cannot be built up)

Although I enjoy using the Maybelline, I am more inclined to repurchase the Loreal. In fact, I own two Loreal and one Maybelline ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS