Thursday 9 July 2015

Superdrug with my mum

My mum needed a new blush and we did a little bit of shopping at superdrug and it was really fun!

I typically prefer Boots, but with double points at Superdrug (triple for their own brand) and 10% student discount, I do go to Superdrug to justify my purchases!



First up, we picked up not 1, not 2 but 3 boxes of this Clairol Root Touch Up in 03 - Black.
My mum really likes this and I am writing a blog post up on this particular product as we speak you are reading this!



My mum also decided that this dinky Solait SPF30 Anti-Ageing Face Fluid is ideal for the handbag and when she needs to head out in Malaysia.
I urged her to grab SPF30 rather than 50 as our skintone means we do not really need anything more than 30.
This is Superdrug's own brand and it claims to be mattifying but I did not find it so.
The product is quite light and liquidy, blending quite quickly. I did find it slightly tacky still and despite waiting there was no apparent mattifying effect. It was just a slight sheen on the back of my hand (as per picture).



These are my only two purchases and both are technically repurchases!
L'oreal telescopic mascara in magnetic black - I have tried and love this in waterproof but that has now been discontinued so I finally thought I would try this, and the fact that it was 2 for £12 when this is initially £10.99
L'oreal Superfine Liner - As you read in my empties, my favourite Shu Uemura is all gone, so I have gone out to purchase this as a temporary measure before I can get hold of the ink cartridge refill.


Barry M is certainly eye catching and my mother decided to grab her blush there, over all the other drugstore brands! She then picked up a lipstick, bringing the total over £6, so I got a Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint as a treat!

 Here's the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in Huckleberry

Here is the Barry M Make Me Blush Cream in Raspberry Charlotte and Barry M Lipstick in 162

This blush is relatively new and it is the darkest of the trio available, and the most flattering for all skin tones in my opinion.

Here it is, swiped on the back of my hand and in the second picture, the lower swatch is blended out!

 Here is the swatch of the Barry M Lipstick in 162 - it is a beautiful red which has a blue undertone.

Finally, my last purchase is this new Simple Kind to Skin Micellar Cleansing Wipes.

It is actually quite a nice texture, quite thick, and damp/moist enough, although I am always tempted to put even more micellar water on them! So far, first impressions are good, but it'll be up to the empties to decide if these are worth it!
Oh PS. They are half price £1.95 at Superdrug at the moment, I don't think I would purchase at full price.......



My mum's final purchase is this Daisy & Delilah London earrings.
She love the thunderbolt and that is why she picked it up. I think the least exciting is the horseshoe but I typically am not a big fan of sparkly earrings like that.



All in all, we have purchased some random bits and some essential makeup bits.  Are you a Boots or Superdrug girl/guy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS